Current time: 16/04/2024, 12:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Services 61 and 68 - From 23 April 2017, Arriva 61 now operates via Queens Drive and no longer serves Broad Green Road. Also between 1100 and 1800 each day, Arriva service 68, towards Bootle, will omit Broad Green Road and will instead divert via Queens Drive / Prescot Road.

Broad Green Road is a bottleneck, but couldn't the 61 be diverted via Edge Lane Drive & St Oswald Street rather than direct via Queens Drive, so it still serves the Old Swan shopping area?

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The junction at Old Swan is worse than ever since the council gave planning permission to Aldi to build a supermarket in Broad Green Road on the site of the long gone Old Swan Technical College.persons
Its the passenger of course who suffers. A lot of elderly persons travel the two stops between the Gardiners Arms and Old Swan

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
The roadworks are on Edge Lane Drive and St Oswald Street which is why the 60/62 have been reduced in frequency due to endless congestion on them so that wouldnt work
2708 still going strong - was on the last 62 to Penny Lane tonight!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/05/2017 00:38)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  2708 still going strong - was on the last 62 to Penny Lane tonight!

Has 2727 been in service here at all? Was reported to be here but not heard anything else
(05/05/2017 04:26)Y727 KNF Wrote:  Has 2727 been in service here at all? Was reported to be here but not heard anything else
It was only used for driver training. It's gone now as we have a B7RLE/Eclipse trainer in its place.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
(05/05/2017 10:31)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  It was only used for driver training. It's gone now as we have a B7RLE/Eclipse trainer in its place.

Ah right okay, do you know where it's gone?
(04/05/2017 04:53)MTL0201 Wrote:  Services 61 and 68 - From 23 April 2017, Arriva 61 now operates via Queens Drive and no longer serves Broad Green Road. Also between 1100 and 1800 each day, Arriva service 68, towards Bootle, will omit Broad Green Road and will instead divert via Queens Drive / Prescot Road.

Broad Green Road is a bottleneck, but couldn't the 61 be diverted via Edge Lane Drive & St Oswald Street rather than direct via Queens Drive, so it still serves the Old Swan shopping area?

I got a little caught out by this diversion, and also route 204 via Thingwall Road, on Tuesday. Thankfully I still found the right stop at Broadgreen Hospital.
Hasn't route 204 always operated via Thingwall Road?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(07/05/2017 06:14)childwallblues Wrote:  Hasn't route 204 always operated via Thingwall Road?

No, it used to go via Mill Lane and Edge Lane Drive.

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)