Current time: 18/04/2024, 19:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
(14/04/2017 20:02)RedPanda Wrote:  Y reg ex London ones, the brick bus is staying put for a while but will eventually transfer down south

There's only two Y-reg ones. The rest of the VLWs that are leaving are 51-reg

IIRC the ones down to leave the North West are 4200-6/8/9 and 4215
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2727 has just been down Sir Thomas Street out of service

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
DLP 4181 has failed on the drop off Point in Queen Square while operating a 52/52A

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(19/04/2017 11:31)T42 PVM Wrote:  DLP 4181 has failed on the drop off Point in Queen Square while operating a 52/52A

something very wrong with allocations when the 52 got new buses 2 years ago yet is being operated by junk like 4181
Its Bootle and their *5 star* allocating for you, some days theres not a single Enviro on there

(20/04/2017 12:15)T42 PVM Wrote:  Its Bootle and their *5 star* allocating for you, some days theres not a single Enviro on there

it seems to be anything on the 52, mainly Pulsars but all the ex London junk too,and just and odd Enviro400
I would dispute the term junk for these ex London buses. I travelled on 4203 on the 437 on Tuesday and I thought it was excellent. It is all ones taste.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(20/04/2017 12:16)FC Pictures Wrote:  it seems to be anything on the 52, mainly Pulsars but all the ex London junk too,and just and odd Enviro400

No doubt the five new MMc's due soon for the 55 will quickly find themselves on the 60-63 and the Welsh Commanders or Pulsars will continue to soldier on on that route.
(20/04/2017 15:56)childwallblues Wrote:  I would dispute the term junk for these ex London buses. I travelled on 4203 on the 437 on Tuesday and I thought it was excellent. It is all ones taste.

Just because 4203 is good does not mean 4181 is good, some Buses are better than others

(20/04/2017 16:28)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just because 4203 is good does not mean 4181 is good, some Buses are better than others

Completely agreed. The Myllenniums at Green Lane were all the same age but were far from the same. As much as I liked 2474 (it was a great bus at one point but it isn't as good these days) in the months before it left the Green Lane fleet it was overshadowed by 2467 and 2471 - the duo which Green Lane have retained as back up buses

The ex London buses do a job - I wouldn't go as far to say that they're outright "junk" but there are other buses in the fleet which are clearly better

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)