Current time: 18/04/2024, 18:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
Bootle today had 2233 on the 52, it also seems that a lesson has been learnt by them regarding the 61 that leaves Bootle just before 5 o'clock after yesterdays chaos as today I had 4082 and this filled up just like yesterday with most seats taken on the bus with a constant stream of people being picked up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/08/2012 18:21)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Bootle today had 2233 on the 52
On the other hand, also unusually on the 52/52A today was Liverpool Hope University-branded Enviro400 MX09 LXO (4432).

Also today, Plaxton Pointer 2 R551 ABA (7551) was unusually on the 56. Of interest, Enviro400 MX09 LXM (4430) was on the 53A.

(Credit to two sources on Facebook for this information.)

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
There was an Enviro400 unusually on the 52/52A this evening - I think it was MX09 LYF (4424), however I can't confirm that.

ALX200 X265 OBN (2265) was unusually on the 53A this afternoon. Only X264 OBN (2264) is usually on the 53A; ALX200s on the 53 are usual, though.

Also, Enviro400 MX09 LXL (4429) was unusually on the 54 today. (Credit to a source on Facebook for this information.)

i got told by someone who work with me that arriva own the old people site by bootle depot
(02/08/2012 19:57)Harryn9000 Wrote:  i got told by someone who work with me that arriva own the old people site by bootle depot
I can only presume that they've recently acquired it. I go past that area a lot, so I'll keep my eye on it during the next few months for any developments.

Lets not forget the 68 is supposed to only be a three month transfer, so it's quite possible that site could be used as parking for some Bootle buses.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Likewise, pass it nearly every day, in fact can see it from my office, nice big site for them to use if they do.
(02/08/2012 20:06)V671 DVU Wrote:  Lets not forget the 68 is supposed to only be a three month transfer, so it's quite possible that site could be used as parking for some Bootle buses.
I don't think that they'd want to go back to square one - having two sets of land! The land in question would probably be big enough to be a replacement depot. With Hawthorne Road currently in the middle of being regenerated, I wouldn't be surprised if the existing depot (and the business next-door) were included in that scheme.
(02/08/2012 20:06)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Likewise, pass it nearly every day, in fact can see it from my office, nice big site for them to use if they do.
I agree. It'd be perfect for them. For drivers, it'd cause little trouble, with it being around the corner from the existing site. Boards wouldn't need to be changed - buses would practically be running from the same place. It all seems to make sense, however none of this has been confirmed yet - we shouldn't get our hopes up!

(02/08/2012 20:20)27701 Wrote:  
(02/08/2012 20:06)V671 DVU Wrote:  Lets not forget the 68 is supposed to only be a three month transfer, so it's quite possible that site could be used as parking for some Bootle buses.
I don't think that they'd want to go back to square one - having two sets of land! The land in question would probably be big enough to be a replacement depot. With Hawthorne Road currently in the middle of being regenerated, I wouldn't be surprised if the existing depot (and the business next-door) were included in that scheme.
(02/08/2012 20:06)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Likewise, pass it nearly every day, in fact can see it from my office, nice big site for them to use if they do.
I agree. It'd be perfect for them. For drivers, it'd cause little trouble, with it being around the corner from the existing site. Boards wouldn't need to be changed - buses would practically be running from the same place. It all seems to make sense, however none of this has been confirmed yet - we shouldn't get our hopes up!

I know three drivers that drive for Bootle but to be honest I am not going to ask them about it as you know how doing this can be treated on the forum and drivers are not always privvy to everything that goes on.
the person who told me her partner work for peoples it sounded as it was the back up plan in the first place, it probabley wouldn't take a lot of work to turn it into a bus depot i'd check to local press in as if anything it would be in there for change of use and planning permission

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)