Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(21/05/2019 13:03)Owl Wrote:  Just seen 17612 at the Gardeners Arms. I thought that this was in reserve pending disposal, so was surprised to see it out and about.

It’s semi-preserved
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/05/2019 13:03)Owl Wrote:  Just seen 17612 at the Gardeners Arms. I thought that this was in reserve pending disposal, so was surprised to see it out and about.

It received a repaint and fresh MOT late last year/early this year
Photo RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
It's been based at Middleton for the foreseeable for route learning. It's on a class 5 MOT so can't be used in service
(21/05/2019 21:08)Scania1996 Wrote:  It received a repaint and fresh MOT late last year/early this year

I thought that it looked very tidy
Sharston based 19429 now has an allover advert applied for Nuii Ice Cream Adventure.
I’m on a 76A and our driver is route training with another driver who has rainbow stripes dyed into his hair, good on him for expressing himself I say.
Some of Wigan's services were having problems yesterday due to an incident on M6 at Ashton-in-Makerfield yesterday, apparently at one point 10s (Wigan-Leigh) were running in excess of 60mins late from what I read on twitter, apparently this was affecting other services as well due to traffic off M6 finding alternate routes.
Noted Magic Bus 19255 operating from Middleton over the last few days.
Stagecoach making some changes in July in addition to the summer timetables.
  • 5/6 (Wigan): Times changed.
  • 203: The first weekday journey to Stockport is re-timed to arrive at 0507 to provide connection with service X30
  • 237: New early evening journeys introduced running between Glossop and Stalybridge, running at 1913 weekdays (from Shirebrook Park), 1938 on Saturdays and 1919 on Sundays (from Glossop centre)
  • 313: Service extended from Grove Lane to Manchester Airport, with buses running every 30 minutes daytime and hourly evenings.
  • 314: Weekend evening times revised.
  • 346: Times changed with service increased to every 15 minutes Monday-Saturday daytime with hourly Sunday daytime service introduced. These changes are to replace withdrawn journeys from First.

Also taking place from 21 July, Stagecoach are increasing the day ticket fares again in Wigan. Adult dayrider rises from £4.20 to £4.50, with the child/concessionary ticket rising from £2.10 to £2.20.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...-july-2019
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...-july-2019
Ashton depot currently operate 346 every 20 mins (for stagecoach) but when service changes happen it will be every 15 mins. Also Ashton depot are route learning the 7 (Ashton to Stockport) and will operate this soon (I assume when service changes happen). This means that Ashton depot will probably get some transferred buses for this.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)