Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
The following B7RLEs have arrived on loan;
Orion OT54BUS (MX55FGN)
Hulleys MX55FHH
Howards P61HOW (MX06YXL)

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I can`t see the TC going easy on them for this. That the reason it good when firms have a MOT test date on window so drivers can check on there walk round check.
Find all posts by this user
(26/11/2021 20:07)Mrboo Wrote:  I can`t see the TC going easy on them for this. That the reason it good when firms have a MOT test date on window so drivers can check on there walk round check.

Wouldn’t have made a difference as the stickers would have had the original test dates on before the extensions were given so would have been wrong anyway.

This potentially could have more serious repercussions as if any of the vehicles out of test were involved in accidents they are technically uninsured and any insurance company would use no valid MOT as a reason not to pay out.
Not to sure whether this bears any relevance but I went past the depot yesterday afternoon and there was quite a number of vehicles parked up out of service, also it seems they having to use whatever vehicles are available on various routes at the moment as a CAT branded MMC200 was out yesterday on 22 Warrington-Ashton in Makerfield service and one of the 32 branded Versas was out on 4 to Woolston, another Warrington's Own liveried Versa was out on 62 to Dutton.

Apart from routes that can't have deckers for obvious reasons there did seem to be more deckers out than normal unless this is normal for a weekday.
Bus times appears to be showing 5 temporary vehicles being used, 4 of which tracked yesterday. One of them is listed as P61 HOW.

Regarding deckers it looks like 304 did a lot more journeys than normal yesterday. I think it's a shame they've got those two nice modern Enviro 400 City vehicles and they often spend most of the day out-of-service.
(25/11/2021 18:16)ant17612 Wrote:  The following B7RLEs have arrived on loan;
Orion OT54BUS (MX55FGN)
Hulleys MX55FHH
Howards P61HOW (One of the ex GNW Temporary Livery)

Also in use are:

Orion HIG4522 (PN03UMG)
MP Travel EX21ONE
Fairbrother LJ53 BFV
From what i've seen the 32 Versas are rarely used on the 32 anymore, i think at least one has had the branding removed and is just the blue base livery.

Was jcksmnr
(26/11/2021 20:07)Mrboo Wrote:  I can`t see the TC going easy on them for this. That the reason it good when firms have a MOT test date on window so drivers can check on there walk round check.

MOT checking is not the responsibility of the driver and is definitely not part of a daily walk around check; MOTs should be a very basic provision of a transport company running bus services, lol.
Seems Warringtons Own were having problems again yesterday as quite a few of their Northwich services failed to operate yesterday morning.

Nothing on their twitter feed mentioning that they wouldn't be running either.
Further service changes coming up on Monday 6th December:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/se...ember-2021

Like many other companies, we are suffering from driver shortages that continue to impact our buses.

To give greater certainty for customers, we are going to further reduce our network to match the available number of drivers we have.

We have increased pay rates for a second time this year and every effort is being made to recruit and retain drivers.

We have been careful to ensure the maximum network has a bus service and we have withdrawn ‘out of town’ services to prioritise Warrington.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)