Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
Does it matter were it is run from? Green Lane is a big building and at one point was the HQ of MTL North so there is probably plenty of space.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
(13/07/2018 20:39)iMarkeh Wrote:  Does anyone know why the ArrivaClick controller will be based at Green Lane despite the buses running from Speke. I could understand them running ArrivaClick from Aintree HQ but not from a depot which isn't actually operating the vehicles.

Its due to green lane having large available office space upstairs and this is where the main control room will be for the 2 way radios eventually.
Green lane already houses arrivas insurance company transcare as the office space upstairs is massive.
Arriva will no longer run the 500 Liverpool Airport service from 2nd September.
Re: Post #453 I think this information is incorrect. Speke might no longer be operating the 500 service as it is to be combined with the 82A, but understand it will be operated from Runcorn.
Details should be available shortly
The 500 is getting combined with 82A, run from Runcorn but will act as the 500 is now from the airport. So in effect routes combined but under one number. (thanks to the member on here that placed this on Arriva Nw Facebook group)
I don't think it's a good idea combining the 82A & 500, reliability will take a hit, as the 82A is quite often late & this is not even peak journeys.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(17/07/2018 16:27)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The 500 is getting combined with 82A, run from Runcorn but will act as the 500 is now from the airport. So in effect routes combined but under one number. (thanks to the member on here that placed this on Arriva Nw Facebook group)

Me! And just like I said here.
The 79/79C/79D will be a combined 5 minute frequency with 79C terminating at Widnes

The 82A will be every 20 mins but only to Widnes to improve reliability
(17/07/2018 16:45)mr t Wrote:  Me! And just like I said here.
The 79/79C/79D will be a combined 5 minute frequency with 79C terminating at Widnes

Either you or Mm, maybe both.

I see, will there be any replacements to cover Widnes-Runcorn sections?

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

Great to hear - due to the running times (just over 2 hours on the 79C including a few minutes' stand time at Widnes, and just over 1hr30 on the 79D including a few minutes off at Netherley), I reckon they'll be interworking the 79C with the other 79's and using deckers - that is, if they don't want them sitting around for a very long time between runs.
Based on current running times, it looks to me like it would work best if they went 79C -> 79 -> 79D -> 79 -> ... but we'll see.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)