Current time: 16/04/2024, 20:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Big Bus Conversation Survey
The Big Bus Conversation Survey
I've just heard on local radio that Steve Rotherham has initiated a survey to ascertain the public's views on bus provision within the Liverpool City Region. It takes about five minutes to fill it in.

https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=154029880479
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: The Big Bus Conversation Survey
(26/10/2018 12:41)Barney Wrote:  I've just heard on local radio that Steve Rotherham has initiated a survey to ascertain the public's views on bus provision within the Liverpool City Region. It takes about five minutes to fill it in.

https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=154029880479

Obviously posted with the best intent - even if its garnered no comment from a forum mainly interested in buses on Merseyside (!) - but this illustrates how "undemocratic" such surveys are, as I could quite easily fill this in from the far end of the East Lancs, yet how many bus users on Merseyside have been alerted to its existence? Is it being widely promoted in Bus Stations and other major termini; central locations in low car ownership suburbs etc. Indeed, is there a paper version or is it just people with ready access to computers that can air their views?

By announcing this, Steve Rotherham seems to have stolen a march from his mate Andy Burnham, especially given the latter's comments about lack of influence the previous night (which hasn't gone down well with the MEN's keyboard warriors). However, at least GMCA could learn from any lack of inclusion this survey may or may not reveal. And, I also wonder if they are waiting for the Bus Operators and Grayling to pile up the "own goals".
Its advertised in the local papers and all over local radio adverts and on the news as well as discussions on different ones also hammering twitter and the councils feeds the website and twitter and Merseyytravels
The idealogy of what a politician thinks would make a better bus service, to what i think would make a better bus service, are most likely to be miles apart from each other. But then again, i've only been on the buses 31 years, and i do live in the real world. So what would i know. :-(

TT
(28/10/2018 02:47)mr t Wrote:  Its advertised in the local papers and all over local radio adverts and on the news as well as discussions on different ones also hammering twitter and the councils feeds the website and twitter and Merseyytravels

Twitter is no good for a high proportion of the population and is totally undemocratic. You mention local papers plural which at least suggests it's not just the Echo. My main point is that *everybody* should have the opportunity to air their views.
(28/10/2018 12:30)tinytears87 Wrote:  The idealogy of what a politician thinks would make a better bus service, to what i think would make a better bus service, are most likely to be miles apart from each other. But then again, i've only been on the buses 31 years, and i do live in the real world. So what would i know. :-(

TT

Equally your idealogy might differ from a high proportion of the population. Indeed, it could be argued that 31 years is not enough as Deregulation was 32 years ago. In saying that, I make no presumption about what is best for the LCR other than to ask if the low car ownership areas of Wirral, Sefton, Knowsley and St. Helen's are treated equally to Liverpool. From the outside, LCR is currently a lot better bus wise than GM and both past Tory Transport ministers and sheer stats - fare increase rate s, ridership drops etc - attest to GM being failed by De Reg. Most worrying is that the situation is getting worse whilst other conurbations are slowing the decline.
Has anyone got any idea of what is next? Any idea of some responses being published or a consultation report? I've not heard anything since the survey and I am wondering if it is just a typical case of the Mayor posting the survey to make it seem like he is listening but then destroying all the data once submitted.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)