Current time: 18/04/2024, 21:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
The only Enviro300s Merseyside will be seeing this year will be for Gillmoss. There is nothing else planned for C&W, though there's obviously the possibility for cascaded darts....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
One missed out on that list there, V43 DTE, Now 47741 Not V42 DTE.
(19/01/2013 20:21)507009 Wrote:  Went on one of the new Enviro200s today on the 42 and really can't say I'm impressed with their build quality. This one (possibly MLF, not sure) had a serious rattle coming from near the front and offered a generally rough ride. The interior featured an overpowering 'new' smell, but nothing like the Speke Gemini smell, much more unpleasant. The local pond life appeared to have already made a start on abusing the interior, which at least had comfortable seats.

I rode two in Chester - they seemed fine, and I certainly preferred the new smell to the filthy old bus smell featured on the Scania and olympian I also rode. Interestingly RF buses smell fine. As for the pond life, it's Birkenhead - maybe First had their allocation policy right after all.
Ive noticed the old scanias all smell musty now - it seems they arnt using the same cleaning fluid that first used to use unfortunatly!

The new enviros seem fine. Typical isnt it, people complain about the old buses then complain and nit pick when the new ones arrive. Some people just cant be pleased. (Unless its Speke depot of course, then its fine.)

Not sure if its rare or not, but the mini Enviro200 is on the 38s today. Noted at around 0935 in Bebington toward WK.

Luke

I am no longer active on this forum.
That tells me there damp hence the strong cleaner first used to hide it
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(21/01/2013 10:48)J654UHN Wrote:  That tells me there damp hence the strong cleaner first used to hide it

They just smell like buses that havn't been cleaned for a while! Although judging by the state of the floor on 60005 last week, it probably hadnt! They arn't damp, just cleaned with a non smelly cleaner! Smell like some of Arriva Birkenheads cadets, no particular smell, just bus!

I am no longer active on this forum.
(21/01/2013 10:43)R874 ERE Wrote:  The new enviros seem fine. Typical isnt it, people complain about the old buses then complain and nit pick when the new ones arrive. Some people just cant be pleased. (Unless its Speke depot of course, then its fine.)

The one I rode the other day certainly wasn't fine, suggesting poor build quality. I'm not slurring the whole batch by extension, but that example was not good for a new bus.

Not sure what complaints about "the old buses" you're referring to. The Geminis are a total mess inside but at least they ride well, certainly better than the Enviro200 did. The Ultralows certainly aren't a favourite but at least the ex-First ones are a step up in terms of ride quality compared with those Arriva operated.

Not entirely sure where Speke depot comes into it either. A good depot that looks after its buses in my view.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
I was on Bootle's 4429 last week and that smelt of damp when you got on as well.
Tbh the Ultralows at Rock Ferry aren't too bad and for there age and still seem quite strong. I'm sure it was Lemon Gel cleaning fluid they used at Rock Ferry whilst under First. Don't even see the point in why idiots wreck the interior of new vehicles by lighter burn an other means, then moan buses are 'scatty' pathetic to say the least.

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
Well you have hit the magic word, IDIOT's is exactly what they are, although I could certainly think of something stronger but that is not suitable for on here.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)