Current time: 29/03/2024, 13:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cheshire East proposed funding cuts
RE: Cheshire East proposed funding cuts
I've heard from a friend of mine that the cuts cheshire east were proposing have been approved tonight, from what he said most evening & Sunday services will be withdrawn

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-41905552

Just seen this as well
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The document referred to on the previous page said Cheshire East did not consider any extra Macclesfield-Knutsford journeys over what was proposed in the consultation, despite objections from the public and local businesses, as in their opinion it wouldn't increase passenger numbers. In response to that someone produced evidence that enhancing the frequency to hourly could bring in up to £57,000 extra per annum in revenue based on the fares remaining the same as they are now (which I think is more than the annual subsidy for the 27 route) which included some evidence which only came to light after the consultation closed - Cheshire East's response was "Too late - the consultation has closed."
Could any of the soon to be withdrawn service or cutback services be commercially viable to operate, possibly by reducing the frequency or having the service start later or finish earlier?

The 300 Saturday daytime subsidy is quite low and it did used to be commercial before D&G decided it was making a small loss. Could maybe a service operating 09:45-16:15 instead of 08:45-17:45 be viable?

The 27, 99 and 130 (Su and BH) all ran commercially under GHA Coaches but I'm not convinced they made profits overall as I think GHA may have been more interested in being territorial than making profits.
Does anyone know when the contracts are set to be awarded? As normal registrations take 56 days I would hope TSS give operators enough notice to not need to do short notice registrations and also once they made the awards and knew the contract values they were supposed to reassess whether there's any of their budget left over for additional services such as the 300 Sat service and the 130 Su + BH service.
TfGM are to award a new 288 contract (Altrincham to Manchester Airport) starting on 8th April which will include journeys to/from the viewing park and airport city.
D&G are reported to have acquired four Enviro200s for new services - although it's possible that if the have lost others, older Darts may be going. With potential losses in both Staffordshire and Cheshire I would have thought they might have offered some keenly priced bids.
(23/01/2018 15:04)mikestone Wrote:  D&G are reported to have acquired four Enviro200s for new services - although it's possible that if the have lost others, older Darts may be going. With potential losses in both Staffordshire and Cheshire I would have thought they might have offered some keenly priced bids.

Are they the 10.8m type or the 8.8m type?

D&G's contract values will likely be lower than the likes of Arriva and First, unless they propose doing more than just providing the minimum frequency in which case they might win on quality points.
Think the D&G darts are shorter versions. 2 are ex arriva which are proper dennis darts whereas the others are transbus variants.
I was meaning what these rumoured new Enviro 200s would be.
Route A is staying as service 19 and will still be operated by High Peak.

Route F will be services 391 and 392 and be operated by Selwyns.

Route J will be services 317 and 318 operated by D&G.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)