Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CMT Buses
RE: CMT Buses
Did CMT have a depot on the Wirral?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/06/2020 12:38)moreton407 Wrote:  Did CMT have a depot on the Wirral?
I don't think they did. Probably ran everything from Aintree as they were not a large operation at that point (they were certainly bigger in later years).
CMT did have a base near Hamilton Square railway station and near to where Wirral Bus and Tram event
is usually held.

217 JBO347N

Gone but not forgotten
Cardiff Bus 1974 - 1989 • CMT Buses 1989 - 1999
(06/06/2020 01:04)chris217 Wrote:  CMT did have a base near Hamilton Square railway station and near to where Wirral Bus and Tram event
is usually held.
Thanks for the clarification Chris.
the 53 in later years went as far as crosby. and went to anitree station after 6pm
(21/06/2015 15:07)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Don't remember them doing 12/13 unless they done it in the early days.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30109352@N...otostream/

was actually in later years, don't think they lasted long though
Does anyone happen to know when CMT changed from operating the 10 St Helens to Liverpool and moved into the similar 10A St Helen’s to Liverpool?
(27/11/2020 10:59)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Does anyone happen to know when CMT changed from operating the 10 St Helens to Liverpool and moved into the similar 10A St Helen’s to Liverpool?
Unsure of date but I don't think it was too long after Arriva took over MTL.
(27/11/2020 12:23)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Unsure of date but I don't think it was too long after Arriva took over MTL.

Autumn 2000 seems to ring a bell when CMT changed the 10 to the 10A's IIRC around this time they also introduced the 10C to Huyton too. I think it was around the time CMT got the ex-Harrogate & District Alexander Strider/B-10B's which generally went on the 10's back then.

This all pretty much stayed the same when GTL took over CMT and it was only until Stagecoach shortened the 10C's to Knotty Ash a few years back then withdrew it when the QBP began in 2014/15 with the current 10A arrangement we have now.

I wasn't on the ground back then so might not be 100% correct with this but I seem to remember it happening like this back then scary to think it's 20 years ago now. Hope this helps.
My summer 1999 Liverpool map shows a 10B Liverpool-Page Moss, also as mentioned 10 Liverpool-St Helens both every 15 minutes, think CMT extended the 10B to Huyton as 10C, other routes CMT operated at the time, Merseytravel routes are just listed as Merseytravel, with no operator mentioned.

10 Liverpool-St Helens
10B Liverpool-Page Moss
59 Bootle-Fazakerley
79/79A Liverpool-Netherley
80 Liverpool-Garston
82 Liverpool-Garston
90/90A Kirkby-St Helens
102 Liverpool/Broadway-Broad Green Hospital
122 Liverpool-Fazakerley
133 Kirkby-Admin-Waterloo
341 Liverpool-Lydiate
345 Liverpool-Lydiate
356 Bootle-Kirkby

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)