Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Halton Transport
RE: Halton Transport
#53 Caught fire yesterday in the yard, the blaze was contained to the engine bay so it remains to be seen what its fate will be, gut feeling is that it will likely be withdrawn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Surprised that the new hourly, extended 27 from 6th May includes an evening and Sunday service with 15 minute layovers at West Bank, as well as 2-hourly diversions through Appleton Village during the day on service 27A to replace the 14D.
Fairly huge cut to West Bank... every 15 minutes to hourly!
(29/04/2018 08:06)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  Fairly huge cut to West Bank... every 15 minutes to hourly!

With the reduction to services taking place will any buses be withdrawn as the PVR will be reduced surely the two Solos haven't got long left as they are 18 years old which is going some for a Solo.
(29/04/2018 20:55)darylyates17 Wrote:  With the reduction to services taking place will any buses be withdrawn as the PVR will be reduced surely the two Solos haven't got long left as they are 18 years old which is going some for a Solo.

I think it's only a reduction of 1 vehicle, as there is no change to the number of vehicles on the 27 and there is a reduction of 1 vehicle on the 14C.
(29/04/2018 21:38)Valandil Wrote:  I think it's only a reduction of 1 vehicle, as there is no change to the number of vehicles on the 27 and there is a reduction of 1 vehicle on the 14C.

Ah right I thought it would have been more but some vehicles could do with being replaced soon. btw does anyone know what gearbox the MCV Enviros have (I think they are Alisons) as I was on #6 earlier and made some nice noises which were a little bit ZF like.
(30/04/2018 15:37)darylyates17 Wrote:  Ah right I thought it would have been more but some vehicles could do with being replaced soon. btw does anyone know what gearbox the MCV Enviros have (I think they are Alisons) as I was on #6 earlier and made some nice noises which were a little bit ZF like.

It is odd how 1 vehicle can have such an effect, halving the frequency of the 27 to Weates Close and reducing the West Bank service by 75% during the day.
To be fair the 27 only carries a handful of passengers so I can understand them making the 27 hourly. However, this is quite a hit on West Bank but then again is that area busy in terms of numbers on seats?
(30/04/2018 19:43)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  To be fair the 27 only carries a handful of passengers so I can understand them making the 27 hourly. However, this is quite a hit on West Bank but then again is that area busy in terms of numbers on seats?

From my experience, there's a small number of passengers from West Bank on any given journey as it is quite a small area, but considering that Arriva also don't operate there any more while the old bridge is out of use, the bus service there has been decimated over the six months or so.
West Bank has had quite a few different bus services over recent years, what with an hourly service 2, then the hourly 'Buzzabout' service 9 (later reduced), then the quarter-hourly 14C(/D) and now the hourly 27(A).

In a way, it's quite clever what they have done with the 27 as a half-hourly frequency to Halton View will be maintained, as the 26(A) and 27 will combine to run roughly every 30 minutes.
When the bridge closed, West Bank lost about 17 buses per hour. Halton Transport wouldn't have been able to get full figures for how many people were boarding in West Bank and obviously their destination so it was kind of, run a useful service to serve the area so then they can't complain but if it fails, only one bus is technically being used (judging by a PVR drop of 1 by the 14Cs not serving West Bank). Now Halton are the sole operator, they can get better boarding figures and obviously it has come to light that the numbers are much lower. West Bank in my opinion was never profitable, just all buses had to go through to get to Widnes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)