Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
D&G Bus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: D&G Bus (/showthread.php?tid=96)

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 11/10/2016 14:05

(11/10/2016 12:50)mikestone Wrote:  They have also gained the 87 and renumbered it 99 and will run it from Adderley Green. I don't know if I missed it yesterday, or it is a subsequent addition.

It was there when I posted yesterday. Someone had mentioned the 87 becoming the 99 previously in the GHA thread. The 99 will be run from Adderley Green, where the Beartown services are currently operated from so that will mean one of the freed up Adderley Green vehicles will be redeployed.

I wonder what D&G will use on the 88 - their newly acquired 8.8m Enviro 200s (which are allocated to Crewe) would be too small for some of the peak time services. They've got Solo SRs which are the same size as the larger Enviro 200s which GHA used to use and Wright Cadets which are the same size as what Arriva currently use but if they allocate 5 of those to the 88 other routes would likely finish up with slightly smaller buses. I wonder if some buses will move from Adderley Green to Crewe?

RE: D&G Bus - clarkethomas94 - 11/10/2016 14:59

Has D&G got a chester route on there mind as I saw a streetlite at the fountains roundabout out of service about 1pm?

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 11/10/2016 15:13

(11/10/2016 14:59)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  Has D&G got a chester route on there mind as I saw a streetlite at the fountains roundabout out of service about 1pm?

They have 83 Nantwich - Bulkeley - Bunbury - Tiverton - Huxley - Chester which is a Tuesday only former Routemaster Buses route. The return working to Nantwich leaves Chester at 13:30.

RE: D&G Bus - mikestone - 11/10/2016 17:44

(11/10/2016 14:05)knutstransport Wrote:  It was there when I posted yesterday. Someone had mentioned the 87 becoming the 99 previously in the GHA thread. The 99 will be run from Adderley Green, where the Beartown services are currently operated from so that will mean one of the freed up Adderley Green vehicles will be redeployed.

I wonder what D&G will use on the 88 - their newly acquired 8.8m Enviro 200s (which are allocated to Crewe) would be too small for some of the peak time services. They've got Solo SRs which are the same size as the larger Enviro 200s which GHA used to use and Wright Cadets which are the same size as what Arriva currently use but if they allocate 5 of those to the 88 other routes would likely finish up with slightly smaller buses. I wonder if some buses will move from Adderley Green to Crewe?

By my calculation D&G save two off the Beartown, one off the 39 and possibly another by removal of school time journeys on the Nantwich town services, so may need a couple extra.

RE: D&G Bus - YN05 WKE - 11/10/2016 18:06

(11/10/2016 14:05)knutstransport Wrote:  It was there when I posted yesterday. Someone had mentioned the 87 becoming the 99 previously in the GHA thread. The 99 will be run from Adderley Green, where the Beartown services are currently operated from so that will mean one of the freed up Adderley Green vehicles will be redeployed.

88 might use Commander and centro and cadets they have or the omnicities and evolutions if they still have them

RE: D&G Bus - mikestone - 15/10/2016 11:52

Additions on official fleetlist
44 YJ56 WUT Optare Solo M880SL Adderley Green

45 YJ56 WUU Optare Solo M880SL Adderley Green

from Yorkshire coastliner, rejoining WUV/W.
;

RE: D&G Bus - mikestone - 16/10/2016 12:29

Haven't seen it myself, but reported D&G are advertising for drivers based in Northwich!

RE: D&G Bus - Nwales Bus - 16/10/2016 17:25

(16/10/2016 12:29)mikestone Wrote:  Haven't seen it myself, but reported D&G are advertising for drivers based in Northwich!

D&G have an advertisiment on the job centre website for drivers at both Crewe and Adderley Gren

RE: D&G Bus - knutstransport - 17/10/2016 08:23

(16/10/2016 12:29)mikestone Wrote:  Haven't seen it myself, but reported D&G are advertising for drivers based in Northwich!

Wonder if that means they are expecting to win some Cheshire West contracts. The 88 and 300 combined will have a PVR of 6 and Northwich is obviously closer to Knutsford than Crewe.

RE: D&G Bus - mikestone - 17/10/2016 12:40

I see the 85 cancelled in another thread - so perhaps that is going on the WMTA licence to be worked from Adderley Green?