Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Diamond Bus North West - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Diamond Bus North West (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - M60lad - 10/09/2016 05:23

2 of Diamond Atherton's Scania double deckers are now in service and for the time being are confined to former Wigan Coachways work, one was on 352 Winstanley College-Wgan route yesterday along with another on 633 Winstanley-Wigan route, I managed a trip on the one that was doing 633 yesterday afternoon with a driver friend of mine and in my opinion not bad buses, fully CCTV'd, only slight problem I noticed with the one I was on was when the front door was opened the drivers CCTV monitor would default to the camera showing where the centre door would have been.

Only other Diamond decker I noticed was T42PVM heading from Ben Johnson towards Marus Bridge M6 roundabout, obviously on its way to a School

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - T42 PVM - 10/09/2016 05:33

The 352 and 633 interwork so it would of been the same Decker you seen

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - M60lad - 10/09/2016 05:36

It was definatly a different one Tez as I saw one leave Wigan Bus Station as I was on my way in from Ashton on 600, then I saw the one on 633 already on stand in Bus Station as I got in.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - motormayhem1 - 10/09/2016 07:45

They had a coach doing the 633 in the morning as seen it coming out of wigan bus stn with it on the dests and passengers on it.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - mikestone - 21/10/2016 17:14

In today's N&P a change to the VA requires production of bank statements. This seems rather strange for a firm of their status.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - T42 PVM - 21/10/2016 17:17

Could you post the full details please, I would like a quick read of it

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - Mayneway - 21/10/2016 20:23

(21/10/2016 17:14)mikestone Wrote:  In today's N&P a change to the VA requires production of bank statements. This seems rather strange for a firm of their status.

Nothing strange about that the requirements of having a licence is that you have so much money set aside for each vehicle you operate ie have a disk for. When an operater applies for an increase to VA the TC/VOSA often ask for evidence that the op has suffient funds to run the vehiches. I'm sure it's £6500 for every vehicle operated.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - mikestone - 21/10/2016 20:53

I know that, but putting a condition like that in N&P on an established operator, part of a quoted PLC, is surely unusual.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - Mayneway - 21/10/2016 21:30

(21/10/2016 20:53)mikestone Wrote:  I know that, but putting a condition like that in N&P on an established operator, part of a quoted PLC, is surely unusual.

Haven't Rotala had issues with the TC in another area with a VA reduction plus im sure SLT have had issues in the past so possibly something to do with that.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - motormayhem1 - 22/10/2016 08:03

Preston bus had issues sometime last year where employees didnt get paid numerous times over the space of 2-3 months.