Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Diamond Bus North West - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Diamond Bus North West (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - SLTRegular - 26/01/2016 18:26

2 Meridians still out on the 635 today there days are numbered also the 641 had both a Hybrid and a Normal solo on it today

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - T42 PVM - 16/02/2016 10:42

see their South Lancs Website has now gone however there is no new Website and their Facebook Page and Rotala Website is still telling people to use the SLT Website

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - RedPanda - 16/02/2016 12:34

(16/02/2016 10:42)T42 PVM Wrote:  see their South Lancs Website has now gone however there is no new Website and their Facebook Page and Rotala Website is still telling people to use the SLT Website

One should start as another goes. Hope they have fleet lists when they get started with the new site.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - SLTRegular - 18/02/2016 00:35

Has the Meridian that was M444SLT 30535 left yet i've heard it's gone to Kidderminster

S600SLT 30541 has Reportedly been sold to Scania where the Ex D&G Scania's also got sold to?

The Ex Preston bus Scania's 30908-30912 have been renumbered 30953-7

33006/8 have arrived and 32211 arrived this month also

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - knutstransport - 18/02/2016 10:30

Nicholas Wrote:That's not strictly true. When South Lancs were called before the Traffic Commissioner whilst under D&G/Peddle ownership, the Senior Traffic Commissioner threatened to extend the PI to cover all licenses that were associated with the directors.

(In case you were wondering, I was sat next to Julian Peddle at the time the STC made the threat, hence how I know!)

Didn't D&G Bus used to be Green Triangle Buses Limited t/a D&G Bus meaning SLT and D&G were two different trading names of the same company?

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - Nicholas - 18/02/2016 18:53

(18/02/2016 10:30)knutstransport Wrote:  Didn't D&G Bus used to be Green Triangle Buses Limited t/a D&G Bus meaning SLT and D&G were two different trading names of the same company?

No. Rolling Solutions is the legal name of D&G. This was originally the legal name of Strawberry but when that company was merged into SLT, Rolling Solutions became a dormant company. A rejig by D&G "Group" saw Rolling Solutions be reactivated and used instead of the original D&G entity.

Green Triangle Buses has never traded as D&G.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - Mayneway - 18/02/2016 20:57

(18/02/2016 18:53)Nicholas Wrote:  No. Rolling Solutions is the legal name of D&G. This was originally the legal name of Strawberry but when that company was merged into SLT, Rolling Solutions became a dormant company. A rejig by D&G "Group" saw Rolling Solutions be reactivated and used instead of the original D&G entity.

Green Triangle Buses has never traded as D&G.

How did Rolling Solutions become part of SLT? Did the original owner sell the whole business to SLT/D&G or was just a share in it acquired. I can never remember?

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - motormayhem1 - 18/02/2016 21:23

(18/02/2016 20:57)Mayneway Wrote:  How did Rolling Solutions become part of SLT? Did the original owner sell the whole business to SLT/D&G or was just a share in it acquired. I can never remember?

When D+G bought SLT as I think D+G had something to do with strawberry like shares wise as didnt strawberry have 2 of D+G's cadets which went back to them when they moved strawberry in with SLT.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - Mayneway - 18/02/2016 21:40

(18/02/2016 21:23)motormayhem1 Wrote:  When D+G bought SLT as I think D+G had something to do with strawberry like shares wise as didnt strawberry have 2 of D+G's cadets which went back to them when they moved strawberry in with SLT.

I seem to remember Strawberry being set up by the former Blackpool Transport boss who owned and ran it soley for a while then suddenly the Strawberry vehiches gained SLT vinyls under the Strawberry logo. Presumenly he sold out to either D&G/SLT or Mr Peddle I just carnt remember which lol.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - Nicholas - 19/02/2016 09:53

(18/02/2016 21:40)Mayneway Wrote:  I seem to remember Strawberry being set up by the former Blackpool Transport boss who owned and ran it soley for a while then suddenly the Strawberry vehiches gained SLT vinyls under the Strawberry logo. Presumenly he sold out to either D&G/SLT or Mr Peddle I just carnt remember which lol.

The chap who owned Strawberry was appointed as General Manager of SLT. Strawberry moved into Atherton despite most of their routes operating in St Helens. Something happened which resulted in him leaving SLT and at the same time selling Strawberry to D&G which saw it being merged into SLT.