Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Diamond Bus North West - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Diamond Bus North West (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - RedPanda - 13/12/2015 07:21

(12/12/2015 23:12)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Perhaps unsurprisingly, they have a similar livery to Rotala PrestonBus.

What is the green diamond livery? If its anything like the blue diamond thats come from Birmingham, then call me stupid

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - Raawwwrrr! - 13/12/2015 11:36

(13/12/2015 07:21)RedPanda Wrote:  What is the green diamond livery? If its anything like the blue diamond thats come from Birmingham, then call me stupid

All over dark blue with a green diamond instead of a light blue one

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - YN05 WKE - 13/12/2015 11:37

(12/12/2015 23:12)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Perhaps unsurprisingly, they have a similar livery to Rotala PrestonBus.

Surprised there in Preston Bus livery as I thought Diamond NW was dark blue

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - RedPanda - 13/12/2015 14:36

(13/12/2015 11:37)E208 WBG Wrote:  Surprised there in Preston Bus livery as I thought Diamond NW was dark blue

Call me stupid then
Does the 126/132 get rather busy throughout the day? I suppose at peak times they do but when I've caught the 10.30 or so 126 from Leigh there's normally a full Solo or a full size bus half full both on the way there and way back. Are deckers really needed for the 126/132?

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - Mayneway - 13/12/2015 16:52

(13/12/2015 11:37)E208 WBG Wrote:  Surprised there in Preston Bus livery as I thought Diamond NW was dark blue

To be honest I haven't really followed goings on at Atherton all that greatly since the takeover but personally I find the contrasts in livery really messy and untidy, and it comes accross that Rotala don't really know what their doing with this acquisition.
I always liked the plain and simple South lancs yellow livery, why didn't they simply adapt it and modernise it like they did with the Preston bus livery.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - Mayneway - 13/12/2015 16:53

(13/12/2015 14:36)RedPanda Wrote:  Call me stupid then
Does the 126/132 get rather busy throughout the day? I suppose at peak times they do but when I've caught the 10.30 or so 126 from Leigh there's normally a full Solo or a full size bus half full both on the way there and way back. Are deckers really needed for the 126/132?

Interestingly someone on another group referred to them as 'loans' anyway so I wonder if originally they were for the Christmas rush?

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - RedPanda - 13/12/2015 17:20

(13/12/2015 16:53)Mayneway Wrote:  Interestingly someone on another group referred to them as 'loans' anyway so I wonder if originally they were for the Christmas rush?

They do look like rental buses, odd colourings and odd ticket machines. As the previous post says if they'd kept the yellow and just call it yellow diamond or something then buses would look more professional than having a preston bus, diamond and a south lancs yellow. They would have been out in service much earlier than the time its taking.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - Mayneway - 13/12/2015 18:25

(13/12/2015 17:20)RedPanda Wrote:  They do look like rental buses, odd colourings and odd ticket machines. As the previous post says if they'd kept the yellow and just call it yellow diamond or something then buses would look more professional than having a preston bus, diamond and a south lancs yellow. They would have been out in service much earlier than the time its taking.

I don't think there rental buses they are owned by Rotala but are possibly destined for permanent use elsewhere in the company.

With regards to the livery. To be honest I think they should have either adapted the south lancs yellow livery or given that it's being run by the management team at Preston bus, simply use the Preston bus livery with diamond vinyls. The current situation with various variations just looks complicated and confusing.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - motormayhem1 - 13/12/2015 18:30

I think they could of used the prestonbus livery on SLT but change the blue to yellow instead or keep the blue and change the green on the roof to yellow instead.

RE: Diamond Bus North West (formerly South Lancs Travel) - RedPanda - 13/12/2015 18:44

(13/12/2015 18:30)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I think they could of used the prestonbus livery on SLT but change the blue to yellow instead or keep the blue and change the green on the roof to yellow instead.

All good suggestions yes but whats done is done and whats getting done if anything is getting done
For me, yellown never works on a bus but somehow it did on SLT buses, just one of those things you can't put your finger on