Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Diamond Bus North West - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Diamond Bus North West (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Diamond Bus North West - gilesbus1 - 07/10/2019 15:04

(07/10/2019 08:11)T42 PVM Wrote:  Apparently 50 Buses have been damaged overnight from what a Driver has said, First thing i would do is review CCTV and Security Arrangements to try and prevent this from happening again

I was told by a former driver that this has been happening there for years at night, youths have been able to walk in without being challenged, and have even driven vehicles around the compound before being challenged. Perhaps what is needed is a security post at the front as there is no need for anyone who has no business there to enter, its not helped by the fact the buildings adjacent are all closed at night as they are industrial units and a driving test centre, so therefore no one external to view people walking on site.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - motormayhem1 - 07/10/2019 15:49

(07/10/2019 09:32)Winston Wrote:  It's 30405, it's on the same flickr page as the ex Yourbus Citaro's in Bolton I posted last night.

It arrived 26th Sept.

Thanks Winston

RE: Diamond Bus North West - Solo40336 - 07/10/2019 16:00

(07/10/2019 15:04)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I was told by a former driver that this has been happening there for years at night, youths have been able to walk in without being challenged, and have even driven vehicles around the compound before being challenged. Perhaps what is needed is a security post at the front as there is no need for anyone who has no business there to enter, its not helped by the fact the buildings adjacent are all closed at night as they are industrial units and a driving test centre, so therefore no one external to view people walking on site.

It definitely hasn't been happening a lot. In 2 and a half years this is the first I've known it happen. The depot is manned 24 hours a day by staff that spend a lot of the night in the yard. Something sees off about this, how reportedly 50 buses can be damaged without being noticed, not going to be helped by the fact most parts company's won't touch Diamond.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - T42 PVM - 07/10/2019 16:03

(07/10/2019 16:00)Solo40336 Wrote:  It definitely hasn't been happening a lot. In 2 and a half years this is the first I've known it happen. The depot is manned 24 hours a day by staff that spend a lot of the night in the yard. Something sees off about this, how reportedly 50 buses can be damaged without being noticed, not going to be helped by the fact most parts company's won't touch Diamond.

Another Driver has since told me it was 17 Buses Damaged and the 50 figure is actually the number of duties not covered today

RE: Diamond Bus North West - iMarkeh - 07/10/2019 16:14

Has the shortage got better or worse since Atherton closed? More driver to potentially want overtime or more routes which makes the cancellations worse and more widespread?

Also, how is Eccles doing driver wise. We see a lot about Boltons driver issues but rarely hear much about Eccles.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - Solo40336 - 07/10/2019 16:57

According to the statement by GMP, it is thought 8 buses were damaged Saturday night, It is believed the damage occurred between 8pm on October 5 and 9.50am on October 6.

While Diamond's statement say this is causing delays to all 91 services it operates..... Can't help but think they're using the vandalism to try and cover up the rest of the services they're not running to the public.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - motormayhem1 - 07/10/2019 22:15

(07/10/2019 16:57)Solo40336 Wrote:  According to the statement by GMP, it is thought 8 buses were damaged Saturday night, It is believed the damage occurred between 8pm on October 5 and 9.50am on October 6.

While Diamond's statement say this is causing delays to all 91 services it operates..... Can't help but think they're using the vandalism to try and cover up the rest of the services they're not running to the public.

I agree , it's like there using it as a smoke screen to cover up the duties there unable to cover as around 60+ drivers short is a lot to be short by.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - gilesbus1 - 08/10/2019 14:22

Surely damage should have been repaired on Sunday then, if it happened on Saturday night and vehicles were needed for Monday. Suspect what we are talking about are broken windows rather than much else, although of course on Wrightbus vehicles if more than a certain amount of windows are smashed the frame has to be realigned as the structural integrity is effected.

If they are 60 drivers short they won't be for long as we seem to be entering some sort of recession, for example there is plenty of staff to tap into when Morrisons closes at Ince at the end of the month, and they will have the customer service skills required and which can be tapped into. Also some Thomas Cook travel agents could be tapped into as well and retrained. There is a pool of plenty of staff to potentially attract!

RE: Diamond Bus North West - gilesbus1 - 08/10/2019 14:33

(07/10/2019 16:57)Solo40336 Wrote:  According to the statement by GMP, it is thought 8 buses were damaged Saturday night, It is believed the damage occurred between 8pm on October 5 and 9.50am on October 6.

I've just read about this on Manchester Evening News website, it appears 8 buses were damaged on Saturday Night but then the yobs returned on Sunday and damaged further buses in a second wave, the amount of vehicles damaged then hasn't been disclosed, but yesterday routes in Leigh and Wigan that usually use minibuses were being operated by saloons and deckers which seems to suggest that it was the minibuses that were attacked in the main on Sunday and these cover a low percentage of the network.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - mikestone - 08/10/2019 16:46

(08/10/2019 14:22)gilesbus1 Wrote:  If they are 60 drivers short they won't be for long as we seem to be entering some sort of recession, for example there is plenty of staff to tap into when Morrisons closes at Ince at the end of the month, and they will have the customer service skills required and which can be tapped into. Also some Thomas Cook travel agents could be tapped into as well and retrained. There is a pool of plenty of staff to potentially attract!

And how many of those will be interested in the kind of hours on offer, or to spend time getting PCV licences and CPC accreditation?