Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Diamond Bus North West - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Diamond Bus North West (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: South Lancs Travel - ANW 2283 - 19/08/2012 21:43

Does anyone know what the Strawberry Dart was on the #634 on Saturday? It was on the #14:00 departure in case the PVR is greater than one...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattybus/7816875838/in/photostream/

Thanks in advance,

RE: South Lancs Travel - CX54 DKD - 19/08/2012 22:06

That's EK51 XXE mate. It's the only ex-Strawberry MPD, still in Strawberry livery, that has LED destination equipment. Been a long time since I've seen that one, must be a permanent fixture to routes up Wigan way!

RE: South Lancs Travel - ANW 2283 - 19/08/2012 22:23

(19/08/2012 22:06)CX54 DKD Wrote:  That's EK51 XXE mate. It's the only ex-Strawberry MPD, still in Strawberry livery, that has LED destination equipment. Been a long time since I've seen that one, must be a permanent fixture to routes up Wigan way!

Thanks Smile

RE: South Lancs Travel - P450 SWX - 19/08/2012 22:30

Have the D&G sprytes ented service up here yet seen in buses magazine fleet .news that a couple had

RE: South Lancs Travel - CX54 DKD - 19/08/2012 22:35

Yes, there was a photo posted of one in service.

RE: South Lancs Travel - T42 PVM - 20/08/2012 18:00

talking about that i had a ride on it today, brillient bus however was having problems with air pressure another thing i noticed today is the 581 and 517 now interchange as i watch this happen before

RE: South Lancs Travel - T42 PVM - 20/08/2012 21:34

another thing i want to say is the 132 timetable is bad, a huge gap in timetable from wigan to trafford centre, i went on the wigan to ty short ( i only got on at atherton for last bit) but the moment i got on driver said *where are you going mate* i just said down the hill , i got of at last stop and between there and atherton 7 people tried to get on for trafford centre and since the driver asked me where i was going there must of been more

overall this company does impress me a lot and i did a SLT day today and this is the only bad point i could find

RE: South Lancs Travel - St Helens Rider - 21/08/2012 08:00

Solo in new SLT livery on 603 this morning.

RE: South Lancs Travel - Nicholas - 21/08/2012 17:55

(20/08/2012 21:34)bolton bus basher Wrote:  another thing i want to say is the 132 timetable is bad, a huge gap in timetable from wigan to trafford centre, i went on the wigan to ty short ( i only got on at atherton for last bit) but the moment i got on driver said *where are you going mate* i just said down the hill , i got of at last stop and between there and atherton 7 people tried to get on for trafford centre and since the driver asked me where i was going there must of been more

That's due to the standardisation of the timetable. Originally this would have happened on Schooldays, with a full daytime service on School Holidays. However, it looks like the new management seem to prefer to avoid separate Sch / SH timetables which is otherwise quite common with independent operators.

Talking of the new livery, does anyone know if repaints will resume (particularly of Strawberry vehicles) any time soon?

RE: South Lancs Travel - T42 PVM - 21/08/2012 18:18

i think the 2 VOR strawberry darts are going into the SLT livery as they are fixed (cant be 100 percent on this)