Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Diamond Bus North West - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Diamond Bus North West (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Diamond Bus North West - Y458 KNF - 28/08/2019 17:13

(27/08/2019 23:11)PSbusdriver Wrote:  Numbered 40711 and 40712 respectively.

Are these (along whats likely to be 40713) the final StreetDecks from the cancelled First order or are more due?

RE: Diamond Bus North West - SK15 GZG - 28/08/2019 20:26

(28/08/2019 17:13)darylyates17 Wrote:  Are these (along whats likely to be 40713) the final StreetDecks from the cancelled First order or are more due?

More are due along with others ordered by Diamond. I believe the total amount (including the ex First examples) is around 90 vehicles

RE: Diamond Bus North West - PSbusdriver - 28/08/2019 20:31

(28/08/2019 17:13)darylyates17 Wrote:  Are these (along whats likely to be 40713) the final StreetDecks from the cancelled First order or are more due?

40713 SO19MXM out today.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - Winston - 28/08/2019 22:23

(27/08/2019 21:14)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Does anybody know the length of StreetLites 20157-60 please?

They are 9.6m examples

RE: Diamond Bus North West - SK15 GZG - 28/08/2019 22:32

(28/08/2019 22:23)Winston Wrote:  They are 9.6m examples

Many thanks Winston

RE: Diamond Bus North West - gilesbus1 - 29/08/2019 00:02

(28/08/2019 20:26)Y474 KNF Wrote:  More are due along with others ordered by Diamond. I believe the total amount (including the ex First examples) is around 90 vehicles

I also understand some Streetdecks are going to Preston Bus, does the figure of 90 include those, or is that an additional order, Thanks in anticipation, If anyone knows? Its just that 90 deckers at Bolton would seem quite a steep figure to see off 125 vehicles in total when around 70 are Volvo B7RLE saloons that are on lease. Separately I understand all 575 and 571/2 vehicles have already been reallocated to Bolton and were at the start in order to cut dead mileage. These are MAN/Meridans and Volvo B7RLE's.

Atherton closes after operation on Saturday, although there really isn't a lot left there other than Optare Solo's, Wright Streetlites, TfGM owned vehicles and ex Preston Scania Saloons plus the solitary Enviro Enviro200. 4 of the TfGM vehicles (Versa's) and the remaining Streetlites will move to Eccles the rest of the fleet to Bolton except the Scania's which might logically go back to Preston.

PVR though is said to increase by 10 next week at Bolton as the Summer timetables end, 10 additional used vehicles were set to be due but I have heard nothing further on this.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - NorthernCounties - 29/08/2019 06:37

It was in a tweet by one of the top guys at diamond NW. 90 street decks for Bolton and 10 for Preston.

(29/08/2019 00:02)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I also understand some Streetdecks are going to Preston Bus, does the figure of 90 include those, or is that an additional order, Thanks in anticipation, If anyone knows? Its just that 90 deckers at Bolton would seem quite a steep figure to see off 125 vehicles in total when around 70 are Volvo B7RLE saloons that are on lease. Separately I understand all 575 and 571/2 vehicles have already been reallocated to Bolton and were at the start in order to cut dead mileage. These are MAN/Meridans and Volvo B7RLE's.

Atherton closes after operation on Saturday, although there really isn't a lot left there other than Optare Solo's, Wright Streetlites, TfGM owned vehicles and ex Preston Scania Saloons plus the solitary Enviro Enviro200. 4 of the TfGM vehicles (Versa's) and the remaining Streetlites will move to Eccles the rest of the fleet to Bolton except the Scania's which might logically go back to Preston.

PVR though is said to increase by 10 next week at Bolton as the Summer timetables end, 10 additional used vehicles were set to be due but I have heard nothing further on this.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - gilesbus1 - 29/08/2019 20:21

(29/08/2019 06:37)NorthernCounties Wrote:  It was in a tweet by one of the top guys at diamond NW. 90 street decks for Bolton and 10 for Preston.

Many thanks for that. Please can anyone tell me what timescale we are talking about for delivery of these? I am also inquisitive as to how the diverted order came about, is this because an agreement was made with First as part of the deal to buy Bolton, therefore they were happy to divert them, on First part because it brought about a sale and on Diamond North West (Rotala's) part as it brought about quick delivery? or is it something much more complicated than that?

Also I know Rotala seem to lease vehicles on seven year leases which gives the question will all these get replaced again seven years down the line, or will some be bought off lease to enable a more spread out replacement plan?

The other thing that makes me inquisitive as to why these weren't allocated on batch to one specific route rather than being widely spread? Although of course my guess would be that there is a need to make a visual impact, and ex First vehicles just don't do that.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - SK15 GZG - 29/08/2019 20:41

(29/08/2019 20:21)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Many thanks for that. Please can anyone tell me what timescale we are talking about for delivery of these? I am also inquisitive as to how the diverted order came about, is this because an agreement was made with First as part of the deal to buy Bolton, therefore they were happy to divert them, on First part because it brought about a sale and on Diamond North West (Rotala's) part as it brought about quick delivery? or is it something much more complicated than that?

The StreetDeck order consists of an ex demonstrator and a number of examples rejected by First (don't know how many) - the remainder have been ordered by Diamond themselves

Someone did mention why they were rejected earlier in the thread but I can't remember unfortunately

RE: Diamond Bus North West - motormayhem1 - 30/08/2019 07:40

Was talking this morning and was told anything between 20-30 duties a day are open due to short staff as there was around 20+ buses parked up the other day around bolton due to no drivers.