Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Diamond Bus North West - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Diamond Bus North West (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: South Lancs Travel - motormayhem - 16/07/2012 11:35

Theres a D+G livered bus out on the 132 today,noticed it entering wigan bus stn at 11:35 as it is an ELC body R reg bus

RE: South Lancs Travel - thomasl1231 - 19/07/2012 17:53

(16/07/2012 11:35)motormayhem Wrote:  Theres a D+G livered bus out on the 132 today,noticed it entering wigan bus stn at 11:35 as it is an ELC body R reg bus

I saw that in Bolton today on the 581! It's registration is R694WAW. Smile

[Image: 121vR.jpg]
Full size: http://s8.postimage.org/fkd3h6ath/DSC00081.jpg

CX54 Edit: Image resized to make thread easier to read

RE: South Lancs Travel - Nicholas - 19/07/2012 18:01

That one has come from Midland, D&G's other company. I saw it yesterday heading past Bedford High School with one of the 7xx Rainford school services on the front.

RE: South Lancs Travel - tallguy9 - 19/07/2012 18:55

(19/07/2012 17:53)thomasl1231 Wrote:  I saw that in Bolton today on the 581! It's registration is R694WAW. Smile

[Image]

That D&G bus looks really smart, especially compared to the Strawberry one in front. Maybe its about time they got round to unifying this fleet into some kind of coherent image.
IMO the Strawberry livery is a bit tacky and linked with a not very successful start, South Lancs livery is nice (in some of its reincarnations) but D&G livery with South Lancs fleetnames would look really smart and allow them to move vehicles between fleets with minimal branding issues

CX54 Edit: Please try to quote only what is relevant and not to include large images in quoted posts as it can make the forum unnecessarily difficult to read for some users. Thanks.

RE: South Lancs Travel - Nicholas - 19/07/2012 20:32

Maybe so, but there are two schools of thought that could see the SLT livery remain as is.

Firstly, bear in mind D&G don't own SLT outright, so they might want to keep the two fleets separate. However, the larger combined fleet of D&G / Midland would prove useful for short term loans.

Secondly, with Midland, the D&G livery was introduced as part of a mass fleet renewal as Choice (as it was) had a fleet of mainly step-entry buses. Not too long after, Choice was relaunched as Midland and both Midland and D&G received the new "group" livery.

Whereas Midland benefited from the new livery as it created a new, more noticeable brand, SLT doesn't need that. People recognise the livery, they know the company as the "yellow buses". All it needs is for the repaints to recommence to get the fleet into a single, unified livery.

RE: South Lancs Travel - thomasl1231 - 19/07/2012 21:05

(19/07/2012 18:55)tallguy9 Wrote:  
(19/07/2012 17:53)thomasl1231 Wrote:  I saw that in Bolton today on the 581! It's registration is R694WAW. Smile

[Image]

That D&G bus looks really smart, especially compared to the Strawberry one in front. Maybe its about time they got round to unifying this fleet into some kind of coherent image.
IMO the Strawberry livery is a bit tacky and linked with a not very successful start, South Lancs livery is nice (in some of its reincarnations) but D&G livery with South Lancs fleetnames would look really smart and allow them to move vehicles between fleets with minimal branding issues

CX54 Edit: Please try to quote only what is relevant and not to include large images in quoted posts as it can make the forum unnecessarily difficult to read for some users. Thanks.

Sorry I just posted the link that the website provided me with for the uploaded image, which I thought it would display. Obviously not. Sorry for the major inconvenience.

RE: South Lancs Travel - CX54 DKD - 19/07/2012 21:07

It's no problem Thomas!

RE: South Lancs Travel - motormayhem - 02/08/2012 15:02

just noticed they have a tempo on the 319 today

RE: South Lancs Travel - anw2015 - 02/08/2012 15:16

Yeah only the second time I've noted one on there! The 319 has seen quite a few unusual vehicles this week with dart V33 SLT making an appearance on Monday and dart T466 HNH making an appearance on Tuesday.

RE: South Lancs Travel - CX54 DKD - 02/08/2012 17:45

T800 SLT to be specific!