Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Diamond Bus North West - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Diamond Bus North West (/showthread.php?tid=95)

RE: Diamond Bus North West - gilesbus1 - 19/05/2019 16:12

They have advertised jobs at Bolton before, it normally applies to jobs based at Atherton were the driving is only within Bolton, normally 575 and 571 & 2.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - T42 PVM - 06/06/2019 15:24

Noticed on the N&P is increased Buses for their Depots, Also a weird one has popped up is a Depot near Nottingham for 125 Buses, Is this a current Depot?

DIAMOND BUS (NORTH WEST) LIMITED
Director(s): ROBERT ANTHONY DUNN, Simon Lee Dunn, Kim Taylor,
Matthew Paul Rawlinson
221 DEEPDALE ROAD, PRESTON, PR1 6NY
New operating centre: 221 Deepdale Road, Preston, PR1 6NY
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 25 vehicle(s)
New operating centre: Units 10-11, Blackpool, FY4 4NW
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 10 vehicle(s)
Increase at existing operating centre: UNIT 22/23, CHANTERS INDUSTRIAL
ESTATE, TYLDESLEY OLD ROAD, ATHERTON, MANCHESTER, M46 9BE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 70 vehicle(s)
Increase at existing operating centre: 186 Old Wellington Road, Eccles,
Manchester, Manchester, M30 9QC
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 60 vehicle(s)
New operating centre: Heanor Depot, Heanor Gate Industrial Estate, Heanor Gate
Road, Heanor, DE757RJ
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 125 vehicle(s)
Transport Manager(s): DAVID JOSEPH LEONARD, THOMAS LOUIS
CALDERBANK

RE: Diamond Bus North West - SandyDrew - 06/06/2019 17:01

Heanor is the Yourbus depot (Dunn Motor Traction)

RE: Diamond Bus North West - T42 PVM - 06/06/2019 17:10

(06/06/2019 17:01)SandyDrew Wrote:  Heanor is the Yourbus depot (Dunn Motor Traction)

Interesting its now on the Diamond Bus North West Licence

RE: Diamond Bus North West - robertclark125 - 06/06/2019 18:30

The new operating centres at Deepdale (existing Preston Bus) and Blackpool make me wonder if the Preston - Fylde tendered services, and the Blackpool area school contracts are going to be re-registered in the name of Diamond Bus NW, and thus operated by Diamond liveried vehicles instead. Same with the Preston to Chorley tendered services, changing to another registration and livery, but using the same staff.

Also, I would presume the address in Blackpool is the Jackson coaches base, which PB uses as an outstation.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - M60lad - 06/06/2019 18:39

Interesting loan to Prestonbus is MAN Wright Meridian 30535 PF09LCO, according to a post on Social Media it's been running round Preston today on 88s with Hymn Numbers in the windscreen and destination set to Diamond Northwest, so obviously it was rushed into service without time to have the destination reprogrammed.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - iMarkeh - 06/06/2019 19:14

(06/06/2019 18:30)robertclark125 Wrote:  The new operating centres at Deepdale (existing Preston Bus) and Blackpool make me wonder if the Preston - Fylde tendered services, and the Blackpool area school contracts are going to be re-registered in the name of Diamond Bus NW, and thus operated by Diamond liveried vehicles instead. Same with the Preston to Chorley tendered services, changing to another registration and livery, but using the same staff.

Also, I would presume the address in Blackpool is the Jackson coaches base, which PB uses as an outstation.
This should be the case. PrestonBus should be for buses operating to/from Preston really. Out of the area buses should be under Diamond Bus in my opinion.

The Blackpool depot will be the Hallmark depot next to Terrys Carpets. If you look on Google Maps you can see it is near Jacksons Coaches.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - mikestone - 07/06/2019 16:18

(06/06/2019 17:10)T42 PVM Wrote:  Interesting its now on the Diamond Bus North West Licence

I am reliably informed that it is a paperwork exercise as the overall increase in discs requires appropriate facilities in the NWTA. What he hasn't disclosed is why they were applied for - my guess is that it was an aborted purchase of first Bolton.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - robertclark125 - 07/06/2019 18:01

(06/06/2019 19:14)iMarkeh Wrote:  This should be the case. PrestonBus should be for buses operating to/from Preston really. Out of the area buses should be under Diamond Bus in my opinion.

The Blackpool depot will be the Hallmark depot next to Terrys Carpets. If you look on Google Maps you can see it is near Jacksons Coaches.

Also, by moving the out of city services to DBNW, if that's indeed what this is all about, it means that vehicles without vaults can operate the services, as the Preston Bus vehicles have exact fare vaults, DBNW doesn't. The vaults are supposed to be covered over, so perhaps having a separate "out of city" fleet and livery will make things easier.

RE: Diamond Bus North West - Metroline1511 - 09/06/2019 06:23

(06/06/2019 17:10)T42 PVM Wrote:  Interesting its now on the Diamond Bus North West Licence

Oh? Does this mean that Rotala are in the process of taking over Your Bus of Heanor?