Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Wright Axcess Ultralow/Floline - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Buses and their Bits (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Wright Axcess Ultralow/Floline (/showthread.php?tid=933)

Wright Axcess Ultralow/Floline - T42 PVM - 17/02/2015 02:20

Following a conversation today that left me and my friends confused i want to ask the following

Are these DDA Compliant?
If not what makes them fail? as the examples with Arriva NW where able to carry 2 Wheelchairs at once as both areas had backrests and Ramps
Could they be converted to DDA Standards and if so would it be something small needing to be done or would it be something really costy and pointless to do?

RE: Wright Axcess Ultralow/Floline - Raawwwrrr! - 17/02/2015 12:09

(17/02/2015 02:20)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Following a conversation today that left me and my friends confused i want to ask the following

Are these DDA Compliant?
If not what makes them fail? as the examples with Arriva NW where able to carry 2 Wheelchairs at once as both areas had backrests and Ramps
Could they be converted to DDA Standards and if so would it be something small needing to be done or would it be something really costy and pointless to do?
Both would have failed, they are not DDA Compliant.

The ex-North Western examples mostly had no back-rest with restraint for the wheelchair user, and lacked the required handrails to assist the user in and out of the bays. The ex-MTL examples would have failed due to the electric ramp being non-functional on many of the buses, and again a lack of appropriate handrails and restraints.