Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Eazibus - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Eazibus (/showthread.php?tid=91)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Eazibus - tallguy9 - 27/09/2014 09:24

(26/09/2014 14:01)wirralbus Wrote:  Have eazibus got a problem at the moment the following was on the Merseytravel website .

Routes 202 and 204 in Liverpool - Buses from Dingle at 1413, 1443, 1543 and 1613 and buses from Alder Hey at 1455, 1525, 1655 and 1625 won't run today. Eazibus are sorry for any inconvenience this will cause.

Confirmation on Merseytravel website that there will be a new operator on the 202 / 204 from 26th October.
Was this the end of their contract period or is it being surrendered early?

RE: Eazibus - wirralbus - 27/09/2014 13:42

(27/09/2014 09:24)tallguy9 Wrote:  Confirmation on Merseytravel website that there will be a new operator on the 202 / 204 from 26th October.
Was this the end of their contract period or is it being surrendered early?

Whatever it is journeys shouldn't be dropped on a Merseytravel contract without good reason , 26th October is nearly a month away confidence in this service will be shot by the time another contractor arrives on the scene at the end of October if journeys are allowed to be dropped like this.

RE: Eazibus - busdude - 27/09/2014 15:08

(27/09/2014 13:42)wirralbus Wrote:  Whatever it is journeys shouldn't be dropped on a Merseytravel contract without good reason , 26th October is nearly a month away confidence in this service will be shot by the time another contractor arrives on the scene at the end of October if journeys are allowed to be dropped like this.

It was said on the Avon Buses thread that Avon are taking over this service

RE: Eazibus - wirralbus - 27/09/2014 15:27

(27/09/2014 15:08)busdude Wrote:  It was said on the Avon Buses thread that Avon are taking over this service

I know that Avon Buses was taking the route over but if Merseytravel allows Eazibus to drop journeys then by the time Avon Buses take the route over the confidence of the passengers that use the service will go and people will find an alternative that is more reliable . A little note to Merseytravel even at the end of a contract please ensure all journeys can be covered if not emergency measures need to be taken , im sure the traffic commissioner would not allow it for too long if it was commercial journeys involved.

RE: Eazibus - FC Pictures - 01/10/2014 17:28

(27/09/2014 15:27)wirralbus Wrote:  I know that Avon Buses was taking the route over but if Merseytravel allows Eazibus to drop journeys then by the time Avon Buses take the route over the confidence of the passengers that use the service will go and people will find an alternative that is more reliable . A little note to Merseytravel even at the end of a contract please ensure all journeys can be covered if not emergency measures need to be taken , im sure the traffic commissioner would not allow it for too long if it was commercial journeys involved.

no great surprise that Eazibus have lost this contract,these dropped journeys being the final straw i suppose,they don`t care now i presume the dropped 202 journeys are so they can run schools journeys elsewhere, typical of this company`s couldn`t care less attitude in operating, things such as not stopping for passengers and using non compliant vehicles being typical for a long time.

RE: Eazibus - Mayneway - 01/10/2014 19:38

(01/10/2014 17:28)FC Pictures Wrote:  no great surprise that Eazibus have lost this contract,these dropped journeys being the final straw i suppose,they don`t care now i presume the dropped 202 journeys are so they can run schools journeys elsewhere, typical of this company`s couldn`t care less attitude in operating, things such as not stopping for passengers and using non compliant vehicles being typical for a long time.

Don't know how true this but heard on the grapevine that the company is struggling for drivers, which was why a number of journeys/services were dropped last week.

RE: Eazibus - Quackdave - 01/10/2014 21:23

(01/10/2014 17:28)FC Pictures Wrote:  no great surprise that Eazibus have lost this contract,these dropped journeys being the final straw i suppose,they don`t care now i presume the dropped 202 journeys are so they can run schools journeys elsewhere, typical of this company`s couldn`t care less attitude in operating, things such as not stopping for passengers and using non compliant vehicles being typical for a long time.

In the interests of balance, my experience is different from yours. On the 165, which I use several days a week, I've found the opposite to be the case - the drivers are generally helpful and have several times stopped for me when they've seen me running for the bus - on one occasion I was a good 50 yards from the stop, and another time on the opposite side of the road. I've seen them wait for other passengers too, and have never seen any incidents of failing to stop.

I'm curious also as to what's been non compliant about their vehicles for a long time? (I presume you're not referring to the Solos being over 15 years old, as that's very recent.)

RE: Eazibus - moreton407 - 07/10/2014 09:53

From Merseytravel: Routes 202 and 204 in Liverpool - Dingle to Alder Hey Hospital - Eazibus have advised us that services may be disrupted today and some buses may not run. We'll publish details of planned cancellations here as soon as we receive them. Eazibus are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

RE: Eazibus - wirralbus - 07/10/2014 11:08

They Merseytravel and Eazibus are now making this route to be not worth anything by the time Avon get it at the end of the month nobody will be using it at this rate . Merseytravel get your finger out .

RE: Eazibus - MPTE1955 - 07/10/2014 12:33

This is really poor, this is at least the second time that this has happened recently, simply not good enough.