Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot (/showthread.php?tid=834)

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - T42 PVM - 20/07/2016 00:40

As most people will know Arriva where going to cut back their 18 to run from Manchester to The Trafford Centre from 24th July, TFGM have stepped in with funding so the Service will now not be getting cut back

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - M60lad - 20/07/2016 04:14

Not sure if this is going to be a regular occurance now since Wythenshawe have took on 88s but there was one of their deckers out on 18/18As yesterday while I noticed one of their Commanders on 88.

Also for some reason yesterday dinnertime (not sure if its normal) but I spotted at least 2 of their Sapphire Enviro300s heading back to Depot and it seems one of the duties was replaced by a standard Pulsar

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - knutstransport - 20/07/2016 09:19

I've only seen 07 reg Commanders on the 88 route so far this week.

A local councillor said the possibly of reclaiming the Gold Enviro 200s for the 88 route is being examined as they were part funded by Waters Corporation as part of their public transport commitment for getting planning permission to build an employment site for 500+ people on the outskirts of Wilmslow.

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - djb - 20/07/2016 12:44

(20/07/2016 04:14)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if this is going to be a regular occurance now since Wythenshawe have took on 88s but there was one of their deckers out on 18/18As yesterday while I noticed one of their Commanders on 88.

Also for some reason yesterday dinnertime (not sure if its normal) but I spotted at least 2 of their Sapphire Enviro300s heading back to Depot and it seems one of the duties was replaced by a standard Pulsar

There was a breakdown on the 88 yesterday. I don't think the 88 is suitable for deckers, so a vehicle from the 18 may have swapped. That said the 19 has also had a decker on it, and other vehicles have been appearing away from usual routes.

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - knutstransport - 20/07/2016 13:02

(20/07/2016 12:44)djb Wrote:  There was a breakdown on the 88 yesterday. I don't think the 88 is suitable for deckers, so a vehicle from the 18 may have swapped. That said the 19 has also had a decker on it, and other vehicles have been appearing away from usual routes.

GHA once used Dennis Trident V220MEV on the 88 route. I don't think there are any low bridges on the route so it's just the airport tunnels on the A538 Wilmslow Rd they need to be able to get through, which I'm sure deckers can get through.

With the 18 route going closer to the Wythenshawe depot than the 88 route it might have been it was easier to do a 3 way swap than a straight swap, or it could have been they weren't sure whether the 88 route had any low bridges so did a swap to be on the safe side?

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - T42 PVM - 20/07/2016 13:14

Has anyone seen 711 here? Was told by someone at St Helens Depot it went here the other day

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - djb - 20/07/2016 13:37

(20/07/2016 13:02)knutstransport Wrote:  GHA once used Dennis Trident V220MEV on the 88 route. I don't think there are any low bridges on the route so it's just the airport tunnels on the A538 Wilmslow Rd they need to be able to get through, which I'm sure deckers can get through.

With the 18 route going closer to the Wythenshawe depot than the 88 route it might have been it was easier to do a 3 way swap than a straight swap, or it could have been they weren't sure whether the 88 route had any low bridges so did a swap to be on the safe side?

Its an overhanging tree issue (which i believe is in morley green), rather than bridges.

The half hourly service can accomodate deckers, but only alternate workings.

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - knutstransport - 30/07/2016 10:35

After seeing a 07 reg Commander on the 88 time each time I've seen the bus, I noticed there was a 55 reg Wright Cadet (I think) on the route on Friday. The route is going back to half-hourly on Monday so I don't know if that means a couple of extra buses have been allocated to Wythenshawe.

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - T42 PVM - 30/07/2016 13:12

They got 2517 off Bolton

RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot - Jack - 30/07/2016 17:34

They have a few 55 regs anyway don't they?