Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot (/showthread.php?tid=83)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot - motormayhem1 - 26/10/2014 21:28

Max dont have plug sockets thats only sapphire brand as i can understand trying to take passengers from gha but it can be done with upping the frequency,keeping well maintained buses,wi-fi and e leather seats but as far as the livery i dont see the point where as sapphire i can fully understand as its a more up market service.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot - cx04axy - 26/10/2014 21:30

How many pulsars are going to be turned.into.MAX livery

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot - CX54 DKD - 26/10/2014 21:45

(26/10/2014 21:28)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Max dont have plug sockets thats only sapphire brand as i can understand trying to take passengers from gha but it can be done with upping the frequency,keeping well maintained buses,wi-fi and e leather seats but as far as the livery i dont see the point where as sapphire i can fully understand as its a more up market service.
Completely agree, it's just branding for the sake of branding. I personally also think that it does little other than dilute the impact of the Sapphire brand.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot - Aaron's Transport Pictures - 26/10/2014 21:52

(26/10/2014 21:30)cx04axy Wrote:  How many pulsars are going to be turned.into.MAX livery

7 I believe. Smile

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot - kuyoyo - 26/10/2014 21:57

(26/10/2014 19:43)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Which is why i dont see the point of "MAX" as all new buses that arriva are buying are going to be fitted wither e leather seats and wi-fi.

(26/10/2014 21:45)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Completely agree, it's just branding for the sake of branding. I personally also think that it does little other than dilute the impact of the Sapphire brand.

Maybe read this - this will explain what 'MAX' is all about

http://www.route-one.net/industry/operations/arriva-launches-new-max-brand/

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot - cx04axy - 26/10/2014 22:13

Anyone know 12 wasnt cymru coastliner branded then?

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot - Jack - 26/10/2014 22:31

That route one article doesn't really explain much other than what's already been said, I agree that although it's nice to see something different it all seems a bit pointless.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot - CX54 DKD - 26/10/2014 23:09

(26/10/2014 21:57)kuyoyo Wrote:  Maybe read this - this will explain what 'MAX' is all about

http://www.route-one.net/industry/operations/arriva-launches-new-max-brand/
I don't really see what that article adds to the discussion? The point is that the MAX specification is to be the standard specification anyway from now on, which completely obliterates it's necessity. I'm still of the opinion that it's a pointless marketing exercise I'm afraid. Would be nicer to see the cash being spent on the initiative spent where it's actually needed instead.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot - fordsonmajor2012 - 26/10/2014 23:09

Can I just say, the reason GHA get so many passengers on the X52 compared to the 51, because GHA are nearly half the price of Arriva, and I believe Arriva will be increasing their ticket costs!!

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot - Conbus - 27/10/2014 08:35

(26/10/2014 23:09)fordsonmajor2012 Wrote:  Can I just say, the reason GHA get so many passengers on the X52 compared to the 51, because GHA are nearly half the price of Arriva, and I believe Arriva will be increasing their ticket costs!!

No gha dont get loads of passengers. Gha have tatty buses exept there eclipces. Also they sometimea use solos which dont even fill up