Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Manchester Airport Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manchester Airport Buses (/showthread.php?tid=741)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Manchester Airport Buses - dave4jackie - 11/10/2013 17:46

Has anybody got a fleet list for the buses that work round the airport, also can you just get on the bus and pretend you are flying or have flown or does the driver need to see proof

RE: Manchester airport buses - jimbo - 11/10/2013 21:57

They are mainly parking buses, so you would need to jump on in the car park and off at a terminal and avoid the same driver... tbh, best bet is to just hand aroind outside a terminal and watch them come in rsther than be a pretend passenger

RE: Manchester airport buses - Mayneway - 11/10/2013 22:04

I have a very good friend who works at the airport and he reckons a lot of people use the buses to get around the airport.
a lot of staff use them to get from one area to another and are never asked to produce passes or staff Id ect so I would think you would be ok.

Technically their free buses anyway.

RE: Manchester airport buses - james solomon - 11/10/2013 23:15

http://northwestbus.site11.com/Manchester%20Airport.Html

RE: Manchester airport buses - DVL418 - 11/10/2013 23:53

(11/10/2013 22:04)Mayneway Wrote:  I have a very good friend who works at the airport and he reckons a lot of people use the buses to get around the airport.
a lot of staff use them to get from one area to another and are never asked to produce passes or staff Id ect so I would think you would be ok.

Technically their free buses anyway.

They also cover public roads away from the terminals out at the long stay car parks from where it is safe to photograph them without risk of prompting a discussion with plod or security.

A couple of photos HERE and HERE as examples out at Heald Green

RE: Manchester airport buses - SNL 824 - 12/10/2013 03:33

Just go ahead and ride them - they're free services - with the possible exception of the staff car parks no-one will question you being on the buses.

RE: Manchester airport buses - DLG817 - 12/10/2013 09:34

(12/10/2013 03:33)SNL 824 Wrote:  Just go ahead and ride them - they're free services - with the possible exception of the staff car parks no-one will question you being on the buses.

One problem is that a casual user may easily be spotted - if no luggage !!!. Especially if traveling alone. It could be that staff will be on the look out and may report suspicious characters. There is also CCTV on board and in the car parks.

RE: Manchester airport buses - M60lad - 13/10/2013 07:42

I haven't done it recently but a couple of years ago I fancied trying out one of the bendy Citaroes that Manchester Airport have got, I knew it was on the usual Staff West Car-Park shuttle but thought I'd give it a try and despite the fact the majority of passengers were staff no-one said a thing, mind you I did have my rucksack with me that carry with me whenever I'm out, I would have though as long as your using the buses for terminal transfer you'll be alright but don't quote me on this.

Also I think some of the buses travel to/from Hotels in the vicinity of the Airport as well so if your not traveling to/from the Hotels I don't think you could use them

RE: Manchester airport buses - VolvoB10M - 21/11/2014 18:06

(12/10/2013 09:34)DLG817 Wrote:  One problem is that a casual user may easily be spotted - if no luggage !!!. Especially if traveling alone. It could be that staff will be on the look out and may report suspicious characters. There is also CCTV on board and in the car parks.

Wouldn't plane spotters be using them?

RE: Manchester Airport Buses - VolvoB10M - 21/11/2014 20:57

Are the Citaro's Voith or ZF? I wouldn't be too bothered about them if they where ZF because there are loads in Bury, I haven't been on any Voith Citaro's and probably won't be able to since X70 stopped.