Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
TransPennine Express - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Transport (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Railways (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: TransPennine Express (/showthread.php?tid=74)

RE: TransPennine Express - wirralbus - 29/05/2016 06:50

I think the livery will look better over time when more of the units are given it , it always looks a little odd when companies are in between liveries , some people have said it resembles a cigarette packet , but it is something different that's all to what we are used to .

RE: TransPennine Express - H101GEV - 29/05/2016 17:56

(29/05/2016 06:50)wirralbus Wrote:  I think the livery will look better over time when more of the units are given it , it always looks a little odd when companies are in between liveries , some people have said it resembles a cigarette packet , but it is something different that's all to what we are used to .

The problem as I see it is how mismatched the colours are. The grey bodysides are perfectly acceptable, but they are spoiled by the amateurish blue and purple sections. These look bad enough at the set ends, but on the trailer car, where they are not offset with the dark grey bands, they look ridiculous. I actually think it's quite an embarrassing final livery they've come up with; the FirstGroup livery is vastly superior.

Can't see the cigarette packet resemblance at all. Remember the old First Great Western livery that was known as 'fag packet'? That was excellent.

RE: TransPennine Express - CX54 DKD - 30/05/2016 15:26

As I mentioned with the initial press release for the new livery, I'd have to disagree. I think it looks really good and was particularly impressed with it in person.

I think it looks a lot cleaner than the previous livery and certainly a lot more modern. I personally think the black front ends look absolutely sublime too.

RE: TransPennine Express - wirralbus - 31/05/2016 05:39

I think for some its a shock to the senses that colour scheme.

RE: TransPennine Express - childwallblues - 31/05/2016 06:40

A shock to your senses maybe but to the passengers who are the most important people its a train whatever the colour.

RE: TransPennine Express - wirralbus - 31/05/2016 07:03

Ok , so we ain't allowed to be perceptive on liveries any more , effectively just a box on wheels that runs on rails .

RE: TransPennine Express - knutstransport - 31/05/2016 09:32

TPE carry a higher proportion of students than most TOCs so if they had a passenger poll on potential liveries it might well be the most popular one is a young trendy one which isn't liked by older passengers.

RE: TransPennine Express - wirralbus - 31/05/2016 14:54

The TPX franchise passes through quite a few university cities as it snakes its way from west to east .

I have heard people say it was a mistake for the previous TP franchise to stop the Liverpool - Newcastle service in favour of Liverpool - Scarborough

RE: TransPennine Express - knutstransport - 31/05/2016 15:00

(31/05/2016 14:54)wirralbus Wrote:  The TPX franchise passes through quite a few university cities as it snakes its way from west to east .

I have heard people say it was a mistake for the previous TP franchise to stop the Liverpool - Newcastle service in favour of Liverpool - Scarborough

It was actually Liverpool-Newcastle-Sunderland under ATN, adding another University city to the network. However, the timetable was inconsistent and one hour in the afternoon I recall there was a Sunderland-Manchester Airport (not Liverpool) service, a Middlesbrough-Beverley service (not Manchester Airport) and a Hull-Liverpool (not Piccadilly) service.

RE: TransPennine Express - wirralbus - 31/05/2016 17:28

Im quite looking forward to the Liverpool - Newcastle - Edinburgh service in the years ahead .