Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
TransPennine Express - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Transport (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Railways (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: TransPennine Express (/showthread.php?tid=74)

RE: First Transpennine Express - sth6168 - 19/05/2014 21:33

Get tpe off the sthelens lineshould be a half hourly service to Manchester badly run services northern a disgrace no wonder people don't use the trains

RE: First Transpennine Express - ls1911 - 20/05/2014 05:45

(19/05/2014 21:33)sth6168 Wrote:  Get tpe off the sthelens lineshould be a half hourly service to Manchester badly run services northern a disgrace no wonder people don't use the trains

Blimey that was hard to read.
No idea where you're coming from with people not using the trains,passenger figures are at there highest ever

RE: First Transpennine Express - wirralbus - 20/05/2014 07:26

(19/05/2014 21:33)sth6168 Wrote:  Get tpe off the sthelens lineshould be a half hourly service to Manchester badly run services northern a disgrace no wonder people don't use the trains

There will probably be yet another recast of the city line timetable once all the works are completed in the Broad Green , roby and huyton areas .

Why should the TPE service not run , its relieving some of the problems in the Piccadilly station throat by not forcing service over the face station twice an hour going via victoria .

To be honest the CLC line via Warrington Central can not realistically fit much more in without trains catching others up now so the Chat Moss is where the spare capacity is .

RE: First Transpennine Express - 507022 - 20/05/2014 19:31

If I was travelling by train to Yorkshire, I would use the new service as it's a good 30 mins quicker via Victoria. It's the journey time that's important to passengers

RE: First Transpennine Express - St Helens Rider - 20/05/2014 21:32

As I have said before, i think it's a scandal that there is no stop at St Helens Junction given the size of the town is comparable to Warrington (which is served when TPE run via the CLC). Surely one extra stop wouldn't hurt the overall journey too much.

RE: First Transpennine Express - childwallblues - 21/05/2014 06:39

(20/05/2014 21:32)St Helens Rider Wrote:  As I have said before, i think it's a scandal that there is no stop at St Helens Junction given the size of the town is comparable to Warrington (which is served when TPE run via the CLC). Surely one extra stop wouldn't hurt the overall journey too much.

The new LIV-NCL service leaves Lime Street I understand at xx12. Whilst the LIV-MIA service which does stop at the Junction at xx16. There is no need for both of these services to stop at either SHJ or NLW when they are served by the latter.
The new service is aimed at Liverpool passengers travelling beyond Manchester and has stops at Huddersfield, Leeds, York, Darlington and Durham.
When electrification between Edge Hill and Earlestown is completed later this year it will be a 90 mph railway between Edge Hill and Ordsall Lane and the 185s can take advantage of this.

RE: First Transpennine Express - wirralbus - 21/05/2014 16:49

I think when the electrification and track work is complete there will be a few more alterations .

I cant see how running two Trans Pennine services ten minutes apart is good for business even if the two routes go there seperate ways between Edge Hill and Stalybridge , wouldnt the timetable be better suited to having them more evenly spaced at the Liverpool end .

RE: First Transpennine Express - childwallblues - 21/05/2014 18:05

(21/05/2014 16:49)wirralbus Wrote:  I think when the electrification and track work is complete there will be a few more alterations .

I cant see how running two Trans Pennine services ten minutes apart is good for business even if the two routes go there seperate ways between Edge Hill and Stalybridge , wouldnt the timetable be better suited to having them more evenly spaced at the Liverpool end .

The xx12 takes 32 minutes to Victoria whereas the xx22 takes 48 minutes to Piccadilly. I

RE: First Transpennine Express - Arriva3137 - 28/07/2014 13:12

London Midland's 350374 is currently working with Transpennine it was on the 11:25 from Lancaster to Manchester Airport

RE: First Transpennine Express - R311 WVR - 28/07/2014 14:03

373 and 374 have been working with them the past week working extra capacity workings for the Commonwealth games