Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot (/showthread.php?tid=71)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Barney - 04/02/2018 18:28

(04/02/2018 10:45)Depotosw Wrote:  Shame the lack of Sunday morning services getting into Wrexham for 10:00 are still been ignored. The evening provision is a good step forward.

I was in Llangollen earlier this week and was surprised to see that how infrequent the Sunday service was and that there were no late evening services. Having invested heavily in new buses it does seem a bit strange that they spend evenings and Sundays in the depot.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Depotosw - 04/02/2018 20:06

(04/02/2018 18:28)Barney Wrote:  I was in Llangollen earlier this week and was surprised to see that how infrequent the Sunday service was and that there were no late evening services. Having invested heavily in new buses it does seem a bit strange that they spend evenings and Sundays in the depot.

I have followed and sampled the service very closely since Arriva took it on and good loadings were starting to be seen on a Sunday on the hourly service, it was dropped to two hourly before given a chance to grow. GHA previously had a early Sunday provision on the 5 into Wrexham. Oswestry depot used to do a Sunday 5A Chirk - Llangollen - Wrexham on a hourly service which ran late into the evenings and it worked very well with loadings until lost to GHA. Oswestry depot on the Sunday 2 service have a hourly service that gets people from Oswestry into Wrexham for 09:30 with the final departure ex Wrexham at 16:30 and it works perfectly as was carefully considered and left to build itself up.

The Sunday timetable is at 16:00 departing Wrexham is been hampered by the current free Weekends offer on the Traws Cymru offering on the T3 with that departing at the same time.

I have found as a passenger some driving staff to be a little militant if you have a Arriva Midlands issued ticket. I have had to remind them that Oswestry garage issue and accept the North West and Wales range of tickets and Midlands specific tickets are valid on the common sections of routes 3/4/5 that the 2/2A/2C cover and always have been. I have spoken to customer services on this subject a few times in the past.

One thing still is Wrexham BC have not updated the bus stop information along the route, GHA times still on display. Denbighshire in fairness have since updated the info on stops after been wrong for 12 months.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 04/02/2018 21:20

(04/02/2018 15:38)Lovell Wrote:  What are the changes?

I cant pass comments on them at the moment as i have been asked not to but its good and bad in ways, WCBCs fault for stabbing them in the back Smile

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Nwales Bus - 04/02/2018 23:29

From the 11th March the 5 will operate once again via Johnstown

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 05/02/2018 04:40

(04/02/2018 23:29)Nwales Bus Wrote:  From the 11th March the 5 will operate once again via Johnstown

It operated via Johnstowns anyway going past the Hospital i think you mean via Rhostyllen.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Nwales Bus - 05/02/2018 10:38

(05/02/2018 04:40)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  It operated via Johnstowns anyway going past the Hospital i think you mean via Rhostyllen.

That’s what I meant

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Depotosw - 06/02/2018 19:28

(04/02/2018 21:20)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  I cant pass comments on them at the moment as i have been asked not to but its good and bad in ways, WCBCs fault for stabbing them in the back Smile

I assume you mean changes listed here:

http://www.wrexham.com/news/council-confirm-replacement-services-secured-for-town-link-ruabon-and-rhostyllen-communities-144139.html

Shame Arriva didn't pick the pace up with the 41 as there as been much comments on the ABW FB page with what people in the Industrial Estate since they started the 41 with some shortcoming in the AM and PM demand for workers but I'm sure the provision with Valentines Coaches will now resolve that issue.

The X5 is an interesting one but surely a two hour headway is very limiting, more so when the 4 has been variations added.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 08/02/2018 04:44

(06/02/2018 19:28)Depotosw Wrote:  I assume you mean changes listed here:

http://www.wrexham.com/news/council-confirm-replacement-services-secured-for-town-link-ruabon-and-rhostyllen-communities-144139.html

Shame Arriva didn't pick the pace up with the 41 as there as been much comments on the ABW FB page with what people in the Industrial Estate since they started the 41 with some shortcoming in the AM and PM demand for workers but I'm sure the provision with Valentines Coaches will now resolve that issue.

The X5 is an interesting one but surely a two hour headway is very limiting, more so when the 4 has been variations added.

Well in ways yes the decision by WCBC to run Valentines alongside Arriva has quite frankly p***** Arriva off a bit but there will be more than one bus to Wrexham Industrial Estate soon operated by Arriva Wink

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Y458 KNF - 09/02/2018 22:05

Is 701 likely to be in service tomorrow as it's the only Solo SR I now need I've been on all of the other 25, if it's in service I'll come and get it to complete the whole fleet, as I always ask if anyone knows where it is please let me know as I will only come if it's in service UPDATE I've found it doing a 7 service big thanks to all on here that have helped me find 700-709 and 711 at Winsford, Runcorn and Wrexham I really appreciate it

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Y458 KNF - 12/02/2018 15:04

Is 4182 used at all as I'm after getting on all of the fleet like I have for St Helens I just need 661,690 and 693 this excludes 9 Enviro400 Citys and 4182 that I also need but im doing them properly last