Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot (/showthread.php?tid=71)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - J654UHN - 26/02/2013 07:38

You Obviously dont realise that it is illegal to drive whilst on the phone. get points in a car and i could imagine in a bus you could loose pcv licence

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - MPTE1955 - 26/02/2013 08:14

(26/02/2013 07:22)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  
(25/02/2013 20:09)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I have seen worse than this on a bus lately, I seen a driver using his phone whilst driving the other day, I won't name the company but it was a smaller company that operate mainly solo's. Couldnt quite believe my eyes when I seen it.

Is it that surprising seeing a driver using his phone while driving?,i see it almost every day & dont think much of it

Well actually to see a bus driver using his phone whilst driving is unusual, to see a car driver use it is not. The bus driver is in charge of a vehicle and his passengers, therefore the use use of his phone is totally irresponsible. You obviously think it is acceptable that the bus driver should be doing this, it is not acceptable for anybody to be using their phone whilst driving.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Wright Eclipse - 26/02/2013 09:25

(26/02/2013 08:14)MPTE1955 Wrote:  
(26/02/2013 07:22)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  
(25/02/2013 20:09)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I have seen worse than this on a bus lately, I seen a driver using his phone whilst driving the other day, I won't name the company but it was a smaller company that operate mainly solo's. Couldnt quite believe my eyes when I seen it.

Is it that surprising seeing a driver using his phone while driving?,i see it almost every day & dont think much of it

Well actually to see a bus driver using his phone whilst driving is unusual, to see a car driver use it is not. The bus driver is in charge of a vehicle and his passengers, therefore the use use of his phone is totally irresponsible. You obviously think it is acceptable that the bus driver should be doing this, it is not acceptable for anybody to be using their phone whilst driving.

I dont think its acceptable (i admit i worded my previous post badly),normally when i get on a bus & see driver texting,i dont think about reporting it as ive seen it happen so many times on my local route it becomes normal to see them with there mobiles out (actully on my local route the drivers have done so much worse that texting while driving is not too bad)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - MPTE1955 - 26/02/2013 09:31

(26/02/2013 09:25)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  
(26/02/2013 08:14)MPTE1955 Wrote:  
(26/02/2013 07:22)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Is it that surprising seeing a driver using his phone while driving?,i see it almost every day & dont think much of it

I dont think its acceptable (i admit i worded my previous post badly),normally when i get on a bus & see driver texting,i dont think about reporting it as ive seen it happen so many times on my local route it becomes normal to see them with there mobiles out (actully on my local route the drivers have done so much worse that texting while driving is not too bad)

Fair enough if you worded it wrong, to be honest they shouldnt be doing anything with their phones whilst carrying passengers unless of course the bus has a problem and of course they should have pulled over whilst reporting their problem. If the drivers operating your regular route are always using phones something needs to be done about them. Sounds like the standard of driving on the same route is not great.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - tinytears87 - 26/02/2013 11:02

From memory, if prosecuted, it can be up to a £3000 fine and suspension, or even loss of licence depending on severity of offence ! Wagon drivers are the same i think.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Garsty - 27/02/2013 14:48

I saw what looked like a PVS truck at the B&Q Roundabout at 11:50 this morning. It had a bus on the truck and one being towed, both looked like ALX 200s. I was too far away to get any sort of ID.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - K853 MTJ - 27/02/2013 16:29

Can anyone please publish a list of withdrawn/stored stock here please.
Many thanks in advance

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - K101HUM - 27/02/2013 16:40

Below is a quote from late last year, a complete list at the peak of Wrexham's storage capabilities.
4025 has since moved to Birkenhead after its repairs at St Helens, but otherwise complete until recently when vehicles have started to be removed for scrap.

(30/11/2012 17:00)K101HUM Wrote:  Alexander ALX200 bodied Dart SLF's; 2302-5, 2308, 2309, 2312.
Marshall Capital bodied Dart SLF's; 7612, 7614.
Plaxton Pointer 2 bodied Dart SLF; 2131.
MPD's; 810-14, and a heavily cannibalised 804 awaits collection for scrap.
DAF ALX400; 4025, awaiting engine attention.

DAF SB220GS/Plaxton Prestige 2400 is also on-site minus engine & gearbox, despite previous claims of the vehicle being dispatched for scrap from Bolton depot.

7642 and 2332 are two more to add here now, with 815-7 expected to be withdrawn shortly. The fleet lists at the moment are fairly up-to-date at the moment though too Danny!

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - K853 MTJ - 27/02/2013 18:40

Many thanks mate, wasn't too sure how much had changed and what had arrived or left!

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Garsty - 01/03/2013 00:11

Just noticed this on the Council website:
WCBC Wrote:ARRIVA is offering anyone who travels to Wrexham’s St David’s Market on Saturday 1 March* on an ARRIVA bus a FREE return bus ticket. Just buy a single ticket, keep it when you leave the bus and take it into the Tourist Information Centre in Queen Square, any time from 10am - 4pm, to claim your FREE return ticket.
Not known them to do anything like this before

*Should be the 2nd