Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot (/showthread.php?tid=71)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - iMarkeh - 08/07/2017 18:11

It is becoming a joke. Why have a Sapphire route when loads of other no Saph buses are on the route. Many a time I have seen 999 and 998 on the 1. There are spottings of Enviro200s on the route. What the heck was the point in upgrading the buses.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - cx04axy - 08/07/2017 18:28

Unfortunetly Arriva put whatever they have spare. Its like in Bangor the coastliners on Holyhead and a pulsar 1 or a cadet in its replacement on the 5. Much as I see the point of the buses been on that route. But that's the way it goes and down to the supervisors who want to allocate what bus suits on that day

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - cx04axy - 08/07/2017 21:03

(08/07/2017 20:59)Dentonian Wrote:  Its about time the likes of Arriva and Stagecoach got their act together with this. Either they are going to have seperate branded ops/routes, or they are not. If they are, then other than peak hour breakdowns, there is NO excuse for running the wrong type/class of vehicles, and the Supervisors need to be brought to task. If they are NOT going to be serious about branding, then stop wasting customers money on lining the pockets of some branding expert/agency who has/have never been on a bus (outside London) since they left school.

To be honest for a brand new update on route 1 you would expect those buses to stay expecially after just a week of the launch. It is a bit shocking but who are we to say I guess, just having an opinion.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 08/07/2017 21:35

I think they're going back to old times where non Sapphire vehicles operate route one after a certain time as they used to do it back in the day with the MPDs this could possibly be linked to them not wanting them to be damaged or vandalised like Blackpools which in my eyes is a fair decision and no doubt once the Enviro200s go in for repaint they will get USBs put in then it will be up to standard if so i agree with the decision id rather have Enviro200s on there than have my brand new E400Citys wrecked. i support the decision.

If they're on in the day time, then yes i agree which i did mention when it was said that the spares are to go on the 5 as its hard to cover a dropped vehicle if the spares are out on route 5 in which case one City should stay back but then Arriva see's it as losing money which again is a fair point.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - iMarkeh - 08/07/2017 23:18

I am sorry but Transdev can pretty much always manage to make their buses stick on the right route and they have a lot more buses and a lot more route branding. Other than breakdowns, there is no reason why they shouldnt operate the intended route. If they were unbranded but main purpose was the 1, that is different. They are branded for it.... I personally don't think the buses get as wrecked as Blackpool Transport are saying. Stagecoach are continually rolling it out. If they kept getting broke, they wouldn't roll it out. Same with Arriva. Simply be careful where you put them. IF they will get broke on Saph 1, dont get new buses for it!

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 08/07/2017 23:37

(08/07/2017 23:18)iMarkeh Wrote:  I am sorry but Transdev can pretty much always manage to make their buses stick on the right route and they have a lot more buses and a lot more route branding. Other than breakdowns, there is no reason why they shouldnt operate the intended route. If they were unbranded but main purpose was the 1, that is different. They are branded for it.... I personally don't think the buses get as wrecked as Blackpool Transport are saying. Stagecoach are continually rolling it out. If they kept getting broke, they wouldn't roll it out. Same with Arriva. Simply be careful where you put them. IF they will get broke on Saph 1, dont get new buses for it!

Stagecoach do not have any Enviro400 Citys with USB charging ports on the middle of the tables thats what has been ruined at BT and it had to be of some damage to completely remove them from the vehicles, it was posted on Facebook a while back too of kids ripping them out the seats on Yorkshire's Commanders and as for Transdev that is simply because they leave vehicles of the road and dont see it as a loss Arriva do and i'd feel the same having a Y reg Cadet out and not a brand new high spec vehicle, the three unbranded one's were always intended to go onto the 5 anyway that was the plan from day one, they do actually operate their intended route however Arriva see it better to operate the Enviro200s after a certain time and they do actually save a ton of money those Enviro 200s so i see nothing wrong with it.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - T42 PVM - 08/07/2017 23:40

Speaking of the Y reg Cadets are they still in use as i dont think any was out today

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 08/07/2017 23:44

Nope, all three are sat in the yard now, not one was out today, think they have reached there end, i'll try find out as i still need a decent photo of 2803 Hammer

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - gka472l - 09/07/2017 06:16

(08/07/2017 23:44)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Nope, all three are sat in the yard now, not one was out today, think they have reached there end, i'll try find out as i still need a decent photo of 2803 Hammer

Guess I was lucky last Monday then as I got all 3!

2803 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/34890902363
2801 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/35563646232
2802 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/35604373882

Cheers!

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - trixmax2000 - 09/07/2017 17:10

(08/07/2017 20:59)Dentonian Wrote:  Its about time the likes of Arriva and Stagecoach got their act together with this. Either they are going to have seperate branded ops/routes, or they are not. If they are, then other than peak hour breakdowns, there is NO excuse for running the wrong type/class of vehicles, and the Supervisors need to be brought to task. If they are NOT going to be serious about branding, then stop wasting customers money on lining the pockets of some branding expert/agency who has/have never been on a bus (outside London) since they left school.

So you say that the Supervisors need to be brought to task then I can tell you they do take the job seriously up to me retiring after 45 years at Runcorn the last 10 been a supervisor I know how buses are allocated.

If you read an earlier post you will see that the international-eisteddfod as been on at LLANGOLLEN so 3 out of 13 have been working on the on the 5 because of the heavy loading's so this is a Supervisor doing his job allocating the best bus for the service on the day with the service only been every 30 min giving more more seat were as the 1 is 5 buses an hour,

Also you will find that a major event is going on be it Arriva or Stagecoach they will always put newer buses on as Arriva did with the Mersey Rail shutdown and Stagecoach did with the Golf Open,

Can I ask do you or have you ever worked in bus industry or are you a armchair one