Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot (/showthread.php?tid=71)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 07/02/2013 17:31

4083 was on chesters! i seen it when i was on my way there!

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - H101GEV - 13/02/2013 22:35

2507 is now also at Wrexham in fully refurbished condition. It was on the 1 today looking superb in an MPD-free day for that route. The recent arrival of both this and 2508 should allow the two DAF deckers to depart for Birkenhead imminently. In turn, this will permit the final two Enviros destined for Wrexham following the Sapphire refurbishment, 4408 and 4409, to leave Birkenhead.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - CX54 DKD - 13/02/2013 23:24

Was 4025 ever officially at Wrexham for service?

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - H101GEV - 14/02/2013 00:08

(13/02/2013 23:24)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Was 4025 ever officially at Wrexham for service?

4025 was only there for storage and was never used in service, CX54. Some parts were evidently taken off it too (it has a recently replaced engine cover) but it's due back in service now with Birkenhead.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - CX54 DKD - 14/02/2013 00:22

Cheers 507009!

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Garsty - 21/02/2013 16:53

Article here about the new Sapphire brand, not just a one-off for Wrexham but also happening at 3 other locations.

http://thebuspeople.co.uk/?p=1957

I notice in that article they keep referring to Wrexham as 'the North West'!

I do like the 'Key Features'
Quote:A revised livery to signal the change to the customer. The livery has been designed to ensure it replicates the Sapphire proposition
Nice livery it is too
Quote:High back e-leather seats with thicker seat bases to offer comfort and additional space
Additional space perhaps, but not for the people without a seat!
Quote: Free WiFi and power points to add value, create the feeling of modernity and meet customer demand
Excellent
Quote: In addition, some vehicles will have audio visual announcements via digital display screens
Fair enough
Quote: Dedicated drivers with customer care training
Something they had back when the R23* AEYs where new in 1998, I wonder if the drivers will have name badges again too?
Quote: CCTV for added security
Would have thought this was already present
Quote: Reliability
Punctual
Both something you would expect of any bus service wouldn’t you?
Quote: Frequent service (at least every 15 minutes)
Easy to understand (direct routes)
Extra standards of cleanliness
Money back guarantee
Other things you would tend to expect!

I know some will be more applicable to the other areas.

Isn’t the PVR of Route One, 9? So if one is off the road some of the above will be met?

I am not complaining about the investment (even if some has come from WCBC), but I question if this is really needed on the route.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Wright Eclipse - 21/02/2013 17:04

(21/02/2013 16:53)Garsty Wrote:  I am not complaining about the investment (even if some has come from WCBC), but I question if this is really needed on the route.

look very smart,you can tell its the same people that did Harrogates Wright Geminis.I Agree some some the said you would expect from any bus (apart maybe from the money back guarantee).Shame Sapphire brand isnt comming to yorkshire as they operate many long-distance services,but i guess weve had enough money chucked over the last year or so.i do wonder how long before a nice MPD Gets onto service 1 LOL

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - H101GEV - 21/02/2013 17:11

They look absolutely fantastic and a world away from their worn and smelly appearance on the Cross River services. Looking forward to riding them and the article does put an end to one thing - that the Rhyl - Llandudno route 12 will be receiving a similar look any time soon.

The PVR of the 1 is indeed nine so unless they plan on reducing the service to every 15 minutes as was rumoured a year or so back then it will be the case that single deckers appear as substitutes. Rather than MPDs, however, I expect it will be Commanders as one or two should be remaining at Wrexham after the Sapphire Enviros arrive.

Finally, Wright Eclipse, can I ask you to please trim quotations from large posts as they tend to clog up threads somewhat. Thanks.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - CX54 DKD - 21/02/2013 17:17

(21/02/2013 17:04)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  ..look very smart,you can tell its the same people that did Harrogates Wright Geminis.
The example shown in those photographs looks very much to me like the one which has been refurbished at Arriva's own Jackson Street garage so not quite ;-) In fact, on looking again, it most certainly is; in the last photo of the set you can see part of the engineering building from the rear of the depot. An Ecocity and hybrid Gemini were also around and about recently for, presumably, publicity. Bus and Coach Blackburn do have an example(s) though so it will be interesting to see if refurbishment standards differ between the two locations given the abomination of a job Blackburn made of some of the PDLs which came up for Wales along with the incorrect paint job on the two Southport Renowns.

Just out of interest, does anybody know the exact seating config of the Saphire Enviro400s following this refurbishment? From what I can make out, it looks to be around 65-70 which, although offering more downstairs seating, offers no real capacity increase over the current DLAs. The refurbishment does look excellent internally too though and it's a real credit to the lads working at Jackson Street and exceeds even their own usual high standards.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Wright Eclipse - 21/02/2013 17:49

(21/02/2013 17:17)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(21/02/2013 17:04)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  ..look very smart,you can tell its the same people that did Harrogates Wright Geminis.
The example shown in those photographs looks very much to me like the one which has been refurbished at Arriva's own Jackson Street garage so not quite ;-) In fact, on looking again, it most certainly is; in the last photo of the set you can see part of the engineering building from the rear of the depot. An Ecocity and hybrid Gemini were also around and about recently for, presumably, publicity. Bus and Coach Blackburn do have an example(s) though so it will be interesting to see if refurbishment standards differ between the two locations given the abomination of a job Blackburn made of some of the PDLs which came up for Wales along with the incorrect paint job on the two Southport Renowns.

Just out of interest, does anybody know the exact seating config of the Saphire Enviro400s following this refurbishment? From what I can make out, it looks to be around 65-70 which, although offering more downstairs seating, offers no real capacity increase over the current DLAs. The refurbishment does look excellent internally too though and it's a real credit to the lads working at Jackson Street and exceeds even their own usual high standards.

i thought all were being done at Bus & Coach World Blackburn but thats my mistake,the referb still looks very much based on the Transdev 36 (2+1 Seating,even the same types of seats).Bus & Coach world are good for repairs/interior referbishements but repainting is not there strong point.Having said that they do seem to be improving with painting arrivas livery.Seating wise unless theyve taken out some seats downstairs then im guessing its just 7 Less on the top deck (with them making it 2+1 seating).Im wondering what there planning with arriva midlands geminis more than anything