Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot (/showthread.php?tid=71)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Y727 KNF - 10/03/2017 20:07

(10/03/2017 19:24)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Photograph of 4409 here and yes it does carry Sapphire vinyls however read the description but yeah there it is :- https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorthwestwaleswrexhamdepotfleet/32548880983/in/dateposted/

Great shot, not too sure how to feel about the livery... its basically Arriva MAX but with a different bit in the middle, it looks smart but not as... Special? (if that's the right word) as the current Sapphire livery, the current one just seems more higher-end (forgive my phrasing)

Do the seats now have nothing written on them?

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - SK15 GZG - 10/03/2017 20:09

(10/03/2017 20:07)Y727 KNF Wrote:  Great shot, not too sure how to feel about the livery... its basically Arriva MAX but with a different bit in the middle, it looks smart but not as... Special? (if that's the right word) as the current Sapphire livery, the current one just seems more higher-end (forgive my phrasing)

Do the seats now have nothing written on them?

I have to agree. It's a great photo but the livery is very underwhelming at the moment - I'll probably change my mind once they've had the vinyls applied later in the year

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 10/03/2017 20:26

Yeah it basically is MAX Colors, i said i disliked it once i seen the diagrams for them weeks ago seeing it in person is not as bad but yes as you say not as special and i certainly do prefer the current Sapphire livery myself but the fact MAX and Sapphire will be phased into this livery and branded as premium is a bit silly because most of the National fleet now has e-leather, Wi-Fi and USB, It has had its 'Sapphire' trim removed from the seating and now has the embraded 'Arriva' in the seats as seen on the EcoCitys and Pulsars.

Once these move to Rhyl it will have its Sapphire vinyls removed as seen in description its only wearing them because its pending use on the Service one thats what i was informed unless things have changed and Sapphire is staying just in that livery although i doubt that very much its going to be a pain that by next year its going to have all the new logos applied however once 1000-1012 arrive in Wrexham these will head up to Rhyl and branded for the 51/X51 which is where i presume they will then gain there Premiun vinyls too.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Garsty - 10/03/2017 21:03

The livery is a bit 'meh'.

Whats the reasoning behind starting with 4409? I would have thought that waiting until after the new deckers enter service (I assume in this livery) would have had a greater impact on people, rather than them already seeing it on this (and perhaps more?) before hand. Noticed the legals say 'Arriva North West' as well.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 10/03/2017 21:34

(10/03/2017 21:03)Garsty Wrote:  The livery is a bit 'meh'.

Whats the reasoning behind starting with 4409? I would have thought that waiting until after the new deckers enter service (I assume in this livery) would have had a greater impact on people, rather than them already seeing it on this (and perhaps more?) before hand. Noticed the legals say 'Arriva North West' as well.

Thats the one they wanted to start with it does not really matter however as there is mostly two spare anyway although i personally would of started with 4422 with that one still carrying Queens Birthday vinyls and yes the legals is the first thing i noticed it says Arriva North West LTD but then continues with the standard Welsh adresses.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Metroline1511 - 11/03/2017 15:05

(10/03/2017 19:24)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Photograph of 4409 here and yes it does carry Sapphire vinyls however read the description but yeah there it is :- https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorthwestwaleswrexhamdepotfleet/32548880983/in/dateposted/

Thank you for this photo link. Like others of you have said, it is similar to current MAX livery. I am encouraged by this, as I prefer MAX to Sapphire livery anyway!

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 11/03/2017 16:54

Scratch my last post too having returned to the depot today it still does retained its whole interior just one headrest has been replaced which is what i seen still original interior just one odd 'Arriva' seat on the lower deck.

Also i have uploaded (replaced) a newer photo of 4409 which its bumper attatched and better light conditions! - https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorthwestwaleswrexhamdepotfleet/32548880983/in/photostream/

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 17/03/2017 12:52

J900ABW (4409) is in Service.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - N531 DWM - 28/03/2017 08:41

A friend of mine travelling on the 4 to Wrexham just heard that the route is changing in July, and it won't be going down Gardden road from then. This ties in with what Macauley has previously said about the proposed route changes to the 3 and 4.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 28/03/2017 17:05

(28/03/2017 08:41)N531 DWM Wrote:  A friend of mine travelling on the 4 to Wrexham just heard that the route is changing in July, and it won't be going down Gardden road from then. This ties in with what Macauley has previously said about the proposed route changes to the 3 and 4.

Yes massive network change in Wrexham this is also to do slightly with the fact me may receive larger vehicles to operate our local Services so its easier for them also! Smile