Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
VOSA Bus Registration Search - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: VOSA Bus Registration Search (/showthread.php?tid=67)

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - T42 PVM - 23/07/2018 19:30

Its possible this route could take some passengers from Halton end to end however a post on Facebook claims its going the same way and stopping at the same places as the X1 so it will do more harm to Arriva this

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - RedPanda - 23/07/2018 19:42

(23/07/2018 15:16)RedPanda Wrote:  I’m surprised Stagecoach Manchester (Wigan) don’t have a route in St. Helens but. I’d say there are a few routes Gilmoss could profit on.

Just to expand a little on this post, of course Stagecoach profit on the 82 and 86 both of which are to South Liverpool but there are more out there for Gillmoss. As I said, Wigan as well.

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - iMarkeh - 23/07/2018 19:53

(23/07/2018 08:50)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Be like arriva runcorns X1 but comes off just before runcorn bridge and goes into widnes.
How do you know?

(23/07/2018 15:16)RedPanda Wrote:  I’m surprised Stagecoach Manchester (Wigan) don’t have a route in St. Helens but. I’d say there are a few routes Gilmoss could profit on.
There are lots of tendered routes which take a lot of passengers. They would be good for Stagecoach but they are obviously a risk. There was a lack of willingness to take risks as for 4 years there has been no new commercial routes. Now there are 2 new routes at the same time (X5 and 23). I think there is a lot of routes Stagecoach could have if they plan it and work it properly. If they started advertising externally, they would have a lot more passengers on new routes. Spamming twitter won't work given no one will see the advert unless they are already signed up to the SC twitter. They need posters on bus stops, local newspaper ads (All the things they did on the X8).

(23/07/2018 18:11)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Can't help thinking that Halton is the real target here, get this route going, get people in the area used to seeing stagecoach buses and then take another route. Almost a test the water thing.
It goes into Crows Nest supposedly. The 26 and 27 have the highest number of passenger numbers on tendered routes in Halton. If they play it right, there are a LOT of passengers using services around Crows Nest.

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - T42 PVM - 23/07/2018 20:07

(23/07/2018 19:53)iMarkeh Wrote:  How do you know?

Been said in a number of places by reliable people.

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - buses7675 - 23/07/2018 20:34

Best just wait until we get a proper timetable and map before we speculate too much on this but it is a very interesting service registration.

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - TheShire - 24/07/2018 11:32

I have a strange little feeling that Stagecoach would end up buying Halton Transport

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - motormayhem1 - 24/07/2018 11:43

(23/07/2018 19:53)iMarkeh Wrote:  How do you know?

Its what ive been told , i think i may start asking that same question to everything you post ?

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - Raawwwrrr! - 24/07/2018 22:25

(24/07/2018 11:32)TheShire Wrote:  I have a strange little feeling that Stagecoach would end up buying Halton Transport

They've tried many many many times but neither Warrington or Halton will sell

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - FC Pictures - 25/07/2018 01:07

(24/07/2018 22:25)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  They've tried many many many times but neither Warrington or Halton will sell

it`s odd that those councils cling onto the bus companies,they should have been sold into private hands long ago,that was all part of the 80s deregulation policy and 30 years later they are still in public ownership,Halton will end up like Chester,skint and nothing worth buying left after stagecoach move in on them

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - TheShire - 25/07/2018 07:26

(25/07/2018 01:07)FC Pictures Wrote:  it`s odd that those councils cling onto the bus companies,they should have been sold into private hands long ago,that was all part of the 80s deregulation policy and 30 years later they are still in public ownership,Halton will end up like Chester,skint and nothing worth buying left after stagecoach move in on them

Last Year two municipal bus company was sold, Thamesdown to Go Ahead and then Rosso to Transdev on similar reasons.

Out of the two i reckon Halton would end up swallowed up by Stagecoach or even Arriva, Can't see Warrington would be sold anytime soon, altough i have heard romers that Arriva, Rotala, Stagecoach and apparently First have tried few times to buy Warrington buses