Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
VOSA Bus Registration Search - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: VOSA Bus Registration Search (/showthread.php?tid=67)

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - NorthernCounties - 04/11/2016 20:53

Greater Manchester has now officially lost another small independent with the surrender of the licence of checkmate travel wef 27th October according to 'notices and proceedings'. After their recent loss of all services, this was only a matter of time.

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - T42 PVM - 05/11/2016 00:05

(04/11/2016 20:53)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Greater Manchester has now officially lost another small independent with the surrender of the licence of checkmate travel wef 27th October according to 'notices and proceedings'. After their recent loss of all services, this was only a matter of time.

It really is Checkmate for them then! Laugh

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - B10B6514 - 05/11/2016 23:09

(05/11/2016 00:05)T42 PVM Wrote:  It really is Checkmate for them then! Laugh

Or a stalemate Laugh 2

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - Mayneway - 06/11/2016 11:59

(05/11/2016 00:05)T42 PVM Wrote:  It really is Checkmate for them then! Laugh

A cracker that considering 4 drivers lost there jobs!

They actually ceased trading in July and in a sign displayed in Ashton bus station handed thier remaining contracts back to TFGM. It dosen't seem like they ran the 402 for a full year so I'm wondering if it was handed back and tendered to M travel have taken it on at the same price.

It's a same to loose such an old independant that has been around since de-reg. They for many years traded as 'Tandy Bus' using some very weird looking mini buses. I know that checkmate found it very hard in recent years to compete with the likes of MCT and M travel where tenders are concerned it's just a shame they didn't carry on with there commercial C20 service which used to do quite well for a positioning journey.

I believe the owner will continue to run his executive taxi/minibus company.

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - St Helens Rider - 08/11/2016 16:03

PC0001061/22 - BLACKPOOL TRANSPORT SERVICES LTD T/A BLACKPOOL TRANSPORT, RIGBY ROAD, BLACKPOOL, FY1 5DD
Variation Accepted: Operating between Cleveleys and Tesco given service number 3 effective from 01-Jan-2017. To amend Timetable.

PC0005248/9 - LANCASHIRE UNITED LTD, PROSPECT PARK, BROUGHTON WAY, HARROGATE, HG2 7NY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Clitheroe Interchange and Blackburn Bus Station given service number 22 effective from 03-Jan-2017. To amend Timetable.

PC0005248/229 - LANCASHIRE UNITED LTD, PROSPECT PARK, BROUGHTON WAY, HARROGATE, HG2 7NY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Blackburn Bus Station and Accrington given service number 46 effective from 03-Jan-2017.

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - St Helens Rider - 08/11/2016 17:48

PC1033334/201 - GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD T/A STAGECOACH MERSEYSIDE, GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L11 0BB
Variation Accepted: Operating between Chester Bus Exchange and Saughall, Church Rd given service number 15/15A effective from 03-Jan-2017. To amend Timetable.

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - St Helens Rider - 09/11/2016 18:39

PC0001838/4 - ROSSENDALE TRANSPORT LTD T/A ROSSO, KNOWSLEY PARK WAY, KNOWSLEY ROAD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, HASLINGDEN, ROSSENDALE, BB4 4RS
Variation Accepted: Operating between Accrington, Peel Street and Rochdale Interchange given service number 464/245/844 effective from 03-Jan-2017. To amend Timetable.

PC0002336/20 - FRANK ALLISON LTD T/A GRAND PRIX SERVICES, GRAND PRIX SERVICES, MAIN STREET, BROUGH, KIRKBY STEPHEN, CA17 4AY
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Kirkby Stephen, Main Street
Finish Point: Penrith Bus Station
Via: Brough, Warcop, Appleby, Kirkby Thore, Temple Sowerby
Service Number: 563
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 12-NOV-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday

PC0002407/70 - STAGECOACH (NORTH WEST) LTD T/A CUMBERLAND MOTOR SERVICES, SECOND FLOOR, BROADACRE HOUSE, 16-20 LOWTHER STREET, CARLISLE, CA3 8DA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Kendal and Arnside given service number 552 effective from 28-Nov-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - St Helens Rider - 14/11/2016 15:16

It may have been noticed that there has been a lack of activity on this thread since last week. This is due to the site being moved onto the gov.uk site and the last few days the site has been down for the move to take place. Looking at the new search system, there doesn't appear to be a way of searching for new applications for registrations, amendments and cancellations by date as was possible under the old system. If anyone can find this option on the site, could they either post a link on this thread or alternatively PM me a link. As well as this being useful to know, I do wish to continue to post this information here. Many thanks in advance.

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - YN05 WKE - 14/11/2016 20:42

(14/11/2016 15:16)St Helens Rider Wrote:  It may have been noticed that there has been a lack of activity on this thread since last week. This is due to the site being moved onto the gov.uk site and the last few days the site has been down for the move to take place. Looking at the new search system, there doesn't appear to be a way of searching for new applications for registrations, amendments and cancellations by date as was possible under the old system. If anyone can find this option on the site, could they either post a link on this thread or alternatively PM me a link. As well as this being useful to know, I do wish to continue to post this information here. Many thanks in advance.

I think its safe to say daily updates or even the pdfs every 2 weeks wont be available now unfortunatly

RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - markydh - 14/11/2016 20:44

The PDFs are still available