Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Football - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bus Depot Canteen (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Sports Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Football (/showthread.php?tid=657)

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - H101GEV - 08/10/2015 16:58

Klopp deal agreed according to various sources and he'll be unveiled tomorrow. Interesting times.

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - Penny Return - 09/10/2015 07:41

Klopp deal agreed according to various sources and he'll be unveiled tomorrow. Interesting times.

Hope all Reds fans will enjoy the Kloppite time

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - wirralbus - 09/10/2015 09:52

Don't expect too many miracles for this season.

Expect some small departures in the January window , but the root and branch changes next summer.

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - MPTE1955 - 09/10/2015 13:49

Think we have had to careful not to expect too much from Klopp until next season. What we can expect is somebody that knows what they are doing and not somebody who will play too many square pegs in round holes unlike Rodgers

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - SK15 GZG - 12/10/2015 17:31

Fantastic appointment for Liverpool - definitely my first choice. I've always liked Jurgen Klopp and I think given the time that he needs to implement his exciting style of football he will certainly improve the currently under performing Liverpool squad. MPTE sums it up for me perfectly - Klopp will definitely need time and can't turn things around straight away. The defence definitely needs to be looked at as a matter of urgency because I think that's been very poor for a while now and I really think Liverpool needs a midfielder like Javier Mascherano who can win the ball and pass it forward quickly

Very much looking forward to seeing how this season pans out

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - wirralbus - 18/10/2015 06:14

It was with great sadness yesterday that Everton announced the death of there former manager Howard Kendall .

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - SK15 GZG - 25/10/2015 20:12

Tim Sherwood has been sacked by Aston Villa

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - wirralbus - 25/10/2015 22:01

This is the time of the year when you need to go for the new broom , if you leave it too late the odds become insurmountable and relegation is the only option. A lot of the time the players lose confidence in the manager .

It does seem though at times it should be that some of the players get the sack also for under performing .

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - SK15 GZG - 25/10/2015 22:27

I don't think this time of the season is a very good time to change the manager at all. The replacement manager won't had a chance to bring in players in the summer transfer window (or had a chance to implement their particular style of football over the summer in the friendly matches) so they have to work with the players the club has until at least the January transfer window

I don't think Liverpool will start playing like a true Klopp side until at least January when he'll have had the chance to make some much needed changes to the current team

RE: 2015-16 Football Season - wirralbus - 25/10/2015 22:50

To be honest having only two transfer windows doesn't help , but it does give stability.

Sacking managers is some times a knee jerk reaction though.