Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Football - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bus Depot Canteen (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Sports Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Football (/showthread.php?tid=657)

RE: John Terry - Jack - 13/07/2012 23:04

It's a joke. He admitted it and what he said was seen on television, even if it was sarcastically it was still said. The lack of evidence excuse might get him off in court, but it should be a different matter for the FA who where quick to charge Suarez with a lot less if not any evidence. If John Terry doesn't get at least the same punishment as Suarez then its double standards from the FA after everything they said about the Suarez affair, but like others, I won't hold my breath, this is the FA after all.

RE: John Terry - Mal - 14/07/2012 13:14

You're right about the FA. And don't we all know what FA stands for? Well sure as fate, the REAL meaning isn't Football Association! I bet they won't take any action against Terry because they are weak, gutless and unfortunately, have a ready-made excuse. "The matter has been dealt with in court so that is the end of it". I really hope I am wrong!

Mal

RE: Glasgow Rangers - wirralbus - 14/07/2012 21:31

Scottish Football will survive it is whether SKY Sports still want to televise it that is the question that the SPL are most interested in now , i do wonder if there may be a get out clause that will suit the SPL and SFL if Rangers matches could be included in the SPL contract with Sky Sports even though they are in the SFL , will help with some of the crowd control issues at some of the smaller grounds that dont normally have more than 300 people attending .

RE: Glasgow Rangers - Mal - 16/07/2012 12:23

I think that 'Newco Rangers' starting in Div 3 could be a very good thing for Scottish Football.

1. It should get more money into the lower divisions through better gate receipts and therefore help create stability in Scottish football.
2. This will also give teams like Peterhead and Annan a chance to play in front of thousands instead of about 300 - 500 spectators.
3. Because there won't be any 'Old firm' league derbies, the police in Glasgow should not need to worry about potential trouble 4 times each football season.

Mal

RE: Glasgow Rangers - childwallblues - 20/07/2012 17:58

Imagine if the Newco had managed to acquire the assets of Bury. Playing south of the border would really have scuppered the SFA masterplan.

RE: Glasgow Rangers - Jack - 20/07/2012 21:53

I thought the plan was to relocate Bury to Glasgow as the new Rangers if that had gone ahead, although of course playing in the English league.

RE: John Terry - Mal - 20/07/2012 22:05

It's been a hectic week and haven't kept up with much news. Does anyone know what, if anything, that the FA are going to do about the Terry case?

Mal

RE: John Terry - Jack - 20/07/2012 22:35

(20/07/2012 22:05)Mal Wrote:  It's been a hectic week and haven't kept up with much news. Does anyone know what, if anything, that the FA are going to do about the Terry case?

Mal

Heard no mention of it at all, surprise surprise

RE: John Terry - Penny Return - 21/07/2012 07:27

(20/07/2012 22:35)sumner Wrote:  
(20/07/2012 22:05)Mal Wrote:  It's been a hectic week and haven't kept up with much news. Does anyone know what, if anything, that the FA are going to do about the Terry case?

Mal

Heard no mention of it at all, surprise surprise

Time yet,he only used the words F****** B**** C*** what a joke british justice

has become

Portsmouth - DVL418 - 23/07/2012 15:08

Unless something dramatic happens in the next few days it looks like Portsmouth could be liquidated.

Portsmouth on the brink