Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Manchester Community Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manchester Community Transport (/showthread.php?tid=556)

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 04/05/2020 17:12

(04/05/2020 16:11)Owl Wrote:  So MCT buses are being sold rather than being transferred within HCT?

There’s around 18 vehicles that solely belonged to MCT along with office equiptment etc, these will have been seized by administrators and will be probably be auctioned off in coming weeks to go towards paying off outstanding finance and debt.

The majority of the newer Enviro200’s were leased and payments were taken over by HCT some time ago so these are in the process of transferring to other HCT groups.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - M60lad - 05/05/2020 06:17

I have heard a couple of things lately and that is MCT could be in Chadderton for a while yet due to the long lease that they took on the premises so vehicles from group and maybe elsewhere could be coming and going for a while yet.

Also heard that another company has apparently been interested in moving part of their operations to Chadderton and taking on the lease but have since decided not to due rates being too high and various other reasons.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Owl - 05/05/2020 09:31

(04/05/2020 17:12)Mayneway Wrote:  There’s around 18 vehicles that solely belonged to MCT along with office equiptment etc, these will have been seized by administrators and will be probably be auctioned off in coming weeks to go towards paying off outstanding finance and debt.

The majority of the newer Enviro200’s were leased and payments were taken over by HCT some time ago so these are in the process of transferring to other HCT groups.

That is interesting. Thank you Mayneway.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - knutstransport - 05/05/2020 10:21

(04/05/2020 17:12)Mayneway Wrote:  There’s around 18 vehicles that solely belonged to MCT along with office equiptment etc, these will have been seized by administrators and will be probably be auctioned off in coming weeks to go towards paying off outstanding finance and debt.

The Mutuals public register shows MCT took out a Chattel Mortgage with Aldermore Bank in 2017. 5 Optare Solos with registrations YJ13 HL* are mentioned on that document so if the finance is still outstanding the bank can seize those vehicles.

https://mutuals.fca.org.uk/Search/Society/25197

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 05/05/2020 19:32

(05/05/2020 10:21)knutstransport Wrote:  The Mutuals public register shows MCT took out a Chattel Mortgage with Aldermore Bank in 2017. 5 Optare Solos with registrations YJ13 HL* are mentioned on that document so if the finance is still outstanding the bank can seize those vehicles.

https://mutuals.fca.org.uk/Search/Society/25197

Well found.
Rather ironic that finance was taken out on HLE and HLG as they both had serious ECU faults and spent most of 2019 off the road until funding could be found to fix them.
I believe other types of funding were taken out on another 3 of the Solos along with other owned vehicles which is why they will remain there until taken or sold by creditors.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 05/05/2020 19:39

(05/05/2020 06:17)M60lad Wrote:  I have heard a couple of things lately and that is MCT could be in Chadderton for a while yet due to the long lease that they took on the premises so vehicles from group and maybe elsewhere could be coming and going for a while yet.

Also heard that another company has apparently been interested in moving part of their operations to Chadderton and taking on the lease but have since decided not to due rates being too high and various other reasons.

I’ve said several times that HCT have a 7 year lease on the site and have no intention of giving it up or sub letting it.
Engineers have been kept on and interestingly the northern regional director of HCT who oversees operations outside of London will be based at Chadderton and CT PLUS Yorkshire’s ops manager will also have an office there.

There was another pretty well known operator keen to take on MCT as a whole so it’s no surprising that companies are interested in the depot given its proximity to the M60 etc, it’s pretty much perfect but from what’s been said it’s staying with HCT.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mrboo - 06/05/2020 01:04

(05/05/2020 19:39)Mayneway Wrote:  I’ve said several times that HCT have a 7 year lease on the site and have no intention of giving it up or sub letting it.
Engineers have been kept on and interestingly the northern regional director of HCT who oversees operations outside of London will be based at Chadderton and CT PLUS Yorkshire’s ops manager will also have an office there.

There was another pretty well known operator keen to take on MCT as a whole so it’s no surprising that companies are interested in the depot given its proximity to the M60 etc, it’s pretty much perfect but from what’s been said it’s staying with HCT.
Well CT Plus could go for tenders in Manchester and it could be a longer plan to wait till bus franchising Manchester. as Killing MCT also means CT Plus has a fresh start.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 06/05/2020 10:31

(06/05/2020 01:04)Mrboo Wrote:  Well CT Plus could go for tenders in Manchester and it could be a longer plan to wait till bus franchising Manchester. as Killing MCT also means CT Plus has a fresh start.

I honestly think that’s what will happen. I think they will get all the MCT issues out of the way and apply for a new licence and possibly start again, maybe not tenders but commercial who knows, but the fact they have hung onto the depot and relocated management there suggests they have plans in the pipe line.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mrboo - 06/05/2020 14:28

(06/05/2020 10:31)Mayneway Wrote:  I honestly think that’s what will happen. I think they will get all the MCT issues out of the way and apply for a new licence and possibly start again, maybe not tenders but commercial who knows, but the fact they have hung onto the depot and relocated management there suggests they have plans in the pipe line.
I did say before I could see CT taking over First routes on Oldham road as first has little left now so they could do one of there been done before of just walking away if there no offer. MCT was never going to work not many companies can make it work with just small buses. MCT needed deckers for schools and work tenders and also a few decker commercial routes then I feel they may of had someone to work with. running small buses don't pay or the likes of first and stagecoach would not of let MCT win the tenders as the big groups have power of cheap buses and fuel and they don't need to get insured as it all done inhouse

RE: Manchester Community Transport - 33109 - 12/05/2020 11:20

Anyone know what's happening with the 391/392???

I can't recall seeing it running for a few days now. Wondered if cheshire east have re- tendered the contract yet.