Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Manchester Community Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manchester Community Transport (/showthread.php?tid=556)

RE: Manchester Community Transport - M60lad - 21/04/2020 06:24

Actually I have an idea where they will be parked in Stockport and it is quite secure to be honest, they will be parked in what used to be the bottom row of stands infront of where the Stockport Canteen used to be where the ex TfGM Schoolbuses were parked until recently its now got big gates at either side stopping anything getting in.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 21/04/2020 10:56

(17/04/2020 06:12)M60lad Wrote:  Does anybody know who's going to be operating 159 from this weekend as nothing is mentioned on TfGM website?

Stotts

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 21/04/2020 10:57

(21/04/2020 06:24)M60lad Wrote:  Actually I have an idea where they will be parked in Stockport and it is quite secure to be honest, they will be parked in what used to be the bottom row of stands infront of where the Stockport Canteen used to be where the ex TfGM Schoolbuses were parked until recently its now got big gates at either side stopping anything getting in.

Yep your right and as and when Optare have time they will be taken down to Trafford park and stripped for spares.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Metroline1511 - 25/04/2020 06:38

(20/04/2020 14:02)Mayneway Wrote:  The green TFGM owned hybrids have today been moved from the Chadderton depot to Stockport bus station where they will be stored until Optare can canablise them for parts.

This suggests that once normal services resume, assuming they eventually do, other operators will have to source their own vehicles.

Last Saturday I saw an Enviro 200 and a red & white 13-reg hybrid Solo SR. Both had already had their MCT logos removed. I expect the rest of the fleet had too. I wonder whether all are withdrawn or some reallocated elsewhere?

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 25/04/2020 11:55

(25/04/2020 06:38)Metroline1511 Wrote:  This suggests that once normal services resume, assuming they eventually do, other operators will have to source their own vehicles.

Last Saturday I saw an Enviro 200 and a red & white 13-reg hybrid Solo SR. Both had already had their MCT logos removed. I expect the rest of the fleet had too. I wonder whether all are withdrawn or some reallocated elsewhere?

Operators have and will source there own vehicles I doubt TFGM will replace the hybrids.

Everything is still on site at the moment. The two 19 plates and 3 Enviros are being worked on at the moment (body not mechanical) ready to be moved to the new Huddersfield depot in a couple of weeks. Not sure what’s happening with everything else as yet.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mrboo - 28/04/2020 11:28

Just walked past depot they have spay painted black the MCT Sign in a non caring way and there a number of Metro Access buses in the yard look like they are using the base to work on buses before they move to Huddersfield

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 28/04/2020 23:30

(28/04/2020 11:28)Mrboo Wrote:  Just walked past depot they have spay painted black the MCT Sign in a non caring way and there a number of Metro Access buses in the yard look like they are using the base to work on buses before they move to Huddersfield

The sign has been spray painted because MCT are no longer operating from there and the ladders wouldn’t reach so the sign could be taken down.
Various vehicles are at the site for engineering work and inspections, non of which should be going to Huddersfield.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Owl - 04/05/2020 09:59

(28/04/2020 23:30)Mayneway Wrote:  The sign has been spray painted because MCT are no longer operating from there and the ladders wouldn’t reach so the sign could be taken down.
Various vehicles are at the site for engineering work and inspections, non of which should be going to Huddersfield.

Still a number of Enviro 200s in the yard as of yesterday when I walked past on my daily exercise. Fewer than earlier in the week, so some have been moved out.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 04/05/2020 10:18

(04/05/2020 09:59)Owl Wrote:  Still a number of Enviro 200s in the yard as of yesterday when I walked past on my daily exercise. Fewer than earlier in the week, so some have been moved out.

Several have gone for repaint prior to the opening of Huddersfield depot on the 18th May.

All the MCT assets (including vechicles) are stil in the yard and it’s believed will be auctioned at some time (possibly after lockdown) in a similar way to the auction at Halton transport.

There are still engineers on site working out of the workshop so buses will appear from various HCT groups for repairs/inspections.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Owl - 04/05/2020 16:11

(04/05/2020 10:18)Mayneway Wrote:  Several have gone for repaint prior to the opening of Huddersfield depot on the 18th May.

All the MCT assets (including vechicles) are stil in the yard and it’s believed will be auctioned at some time (possibly after lockdown) in a similar way to the auction at Halton transport.

There are still engineers on site working out of the workshop so buses will appear from various HCT groups for repairs/inspections.

So MCT buses are being sold rather than being transferred within HCT?