Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Manchester Community Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manchester Community Transport (/showthread.php?tid=556)

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 10/03/2013 20:32

(10/03/2013 11:43)jimbo Wrote:  I was always under the impression mct bought the operation and therefore bought the contracts off them...i dont know how tenders work when the company changes hands... May both be right

There was nothing to buy though.
Holmeswood bought the entire Tyrer business including all vehicles and the licence. Holmeswood didn't want the TFGM contracts Tyrer's had been running in Rochdale and handed them back to TFGM. MCT then agree'd to operate the contracts.
The only bit that confuses me is the drivers moving to MCT under TUPE.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - jimbo - 10/03/2013 21:45

Well there is one Tyrer bus at Maytree depot atm awaiting new livery... So this suggests buying a section of the business

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 10/03/2013 22:29

(10/03/2013 21:45)jimbo Wrote:  Well there is one Tyrer bus at Maytree depot atm awaiting new livery... So this suggests buying a section of the business

I can only go off what i have read and been told.
Wouldn't there have been an offical announcement if MCT had bought part of Tyrer's??

As Holmeswood have given up the Rochdale contracts, not all the vehicles would be required so it might well be that MCT have taken over the leases of certain vehicles.

Also, given that MCT are parking buses at Rossendales depot suggests it might be a temporary thing!

RE: Manchester Community Transport - jimbo - 11/03/2013 00:55

They have the Kingsway Link contract for the next 5 years - so they will need the space up there anyway - they were origionally planning on a place on Chicester street but the deal fell through. They are at Rossendale for a year, the bus contracts are afaik for full length, and they have just won the 159 which will apparently be ran from Rochdale depot, as Stockport is a fair distance away... and The 395/6 may also be ran from Rochdale. - So I've heard.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - SF07 - 11/03/2013 10:17

Makes you wonder why run the 159 and 395/396 from Rochdale depot if they run the Oldham Metroshuttle from Stockport, unless that moves too.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - jimbo - 11/03/2013 13:01

Oldham metrolink bus is actually stored at ring and ride in oldham :-)

RE: Manchester Community Transport - SF07 - 13/03/2013 11:35

MCT to get 10 new hybrids, which will be part-funded by TfGM who will give MCT £908,000 for the vehicles. They'll be in service in late summer:

http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/media_centre/Pages/News.aspx?articleId=184

RE: Manchester Community Transport - SF07 - 24/03/2013 19:18

Found a copy of the new 395/396 TfGM timetable at the Tesco in Failsworth earlier today. Back of the timetable states that the vehicles used will be hybrids provided by TfGM. Interesting to see if that will be case from day one or if the hybrids arrive at a later date.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 24/03/2013 19:49

(24/03/2013 19:18)SF07 Wrote:  Found a copy of the new 395/396 TfGM timetable at the Tesco in Failsworth earlier today. Back of the timetable states that the vehicles used will be hybrids provided by TfGM. Interesting to see if that will be case from day one or if the hybrids arrive at a later date.

I presume it will be a couple of the new Hybrids mentioned a couple of posts above which should be here at the end of summer.
It will be interesting to see what MCT use on the 159/395/396 and also 169 in the mean time. I hope it's not the small bread vans that were used on the Oldham Metroshuttle before they got the Hybrids. Incidentally I spotted one of these minibuses last week in Ashton with 'Driver training' on the destination display. It seemed to be following the 396 and then an hour later the 169 so presumably it was drivers learning the route.

I would think the 169 will work off the 395/6 from Ashton.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - jimbo - 29/03/2013 01:59

'11 plate Volvo Streetlight with Wrightbus bodywork spotted in MCT's stockport depot. Presumably from Maytree's fleet. No company markings on it, so maybe transfered to MCT?