Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Manchester Community Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Manchester Community Transport (/showthread.php?tid=556)

RE: Manchester Community Transport - 33109 - 09/03/2020 14:49

(29/02/2020 12:37)knutstransport Wrote:  Someone at D&G really needs to look at how on Saturdays in Cheshire the total number of passengers who travel by train is very high but they always claim there aren't enough passengers to make a bus service a commercial success.

The problem is perhaps the times bus services start and finish on a Saturday and where they go, opposed to demand for bus services not being there. For instance, would running a few evening services make more money than a daytime service to some places on Saturday?

When the RMT Northern strikes were happening on Saturdays leading up to Christmas in 2018, I pointed out to a D&G manager that there's an opportunity for you there given how many passengers Northern usually carry on Saturdays in December. He just shrugged it off saying it was not worth the hassle of all the paperwork.

If that's his stance that he can't be arsed, it's no wonder D&G are struggling! Couldn't be arsed with paperwork, errrrr sorry but when you run a bus company wouldn't you expect thatHammer

RE: Manchester Community Transport - ant17612 - 13/03/2020 17:32

YX19 ONS is playing out on the 18 this evening.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 14/03/2020 13:23

(13/03/2020 17:32)ant17612 Wrote:  YX19 ONS is playing out on the 18 this evening.

It should be on X5’s/18’s again today (Saturday)

RE: Manchester Community Transport - djb - 14/03/2020 18:30

(14/03/2020 13:23)Mayneway Wrote:  It should be on X5’s/18’s again today (Saturday)

It / one of them was. Just passed it on the last x5 in northern moor.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - ant17612 - 15/03/2020 20:33

Does anyone know if SN59 AXA is still in the fleet and where it can usually be found?

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 16/03/2020 01:04

(15/03/2020 20:33)ant17612 Wrote:  Does anyone know if SN59 AXA is still in the fleet and where it can usually be found?

It’s still with us but Is VOR due to a gear box issue. It will be rectified in the coming weeks and might possibly temporally come back onto the road but I believe long term it’s to join Powell’s.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 16/03/2020 05:13

Details of who’s operating what have been put up in the depot over the weekend presumably so we can inform passengers.

7 - still seeking alternative operator
18 - still seeking alternative operator
41 - STOTTS
44 - still seeking alternative operator
96 - GO NORTH WEST
159 - STOTTS
197 - still seeking alternative operator
217 - DIAMOND
232 - STAGECOACH
237 - STAGECOACH
247 - DIAMOND
307 - still seeking alternative operator
308 - still seeking alternative operator
312 - still seeking alternative operator
328 - still seeking alternative operator
329 - still seeking alternative operator
335 - STOTTS
336 - STAGECOACH
337 - STAGECOACH
339 - STOTTS (weekday)
339 - STAGECOACH (sunday)
345 - STAGECOACH
355 - withdrawn
372 - still seeking alternative operator
373 - still seeking alternative operator
382 - still seeking alternative operator
387 - withdrawn
389 - STAGECOACH
396 - STAGECOACH
402 - STOTTS
407 - withdrawn
408 - FIRST
410 - withdrawn
411 - withdrawn
412 - withdrawn
418 - withdrawn
419 - STOTTS
826 - STOTTS
X5 - still seeking alternative operator
391/392 - Cheshire East are still seeking alternative operator

The 410/411/412 will be partly replaced by the re-routed 402 run by Stotts.
The 418 partly replaced by the re-routed 403 run by Stotts.

The Stotts 41 is interesting as it currently runs 7 days a week from 6am- midnight. Stotts have no interest in evening or Sunday work so I suspect they will run the 41 Monday to Saturday and stagecoach will run their 341 evenings and Sunday’s - I could be wrong!

Also very surprised the evening and Sunday 396 is continuing. It carries at best 1 maybe 2 punters a night!

RE: Manchester Community Transport - M60lad - 16/03/2020 07:17

Looking at the list I have a couple of questions:

1> There's still a number of services yet to be covered by an operator, is there still enough time for an operator to step in and run these services come April? (I know there's just enough a month until change date)

2> Looking at the routes operators have gained I wonder where vehicles are going to come from to operate their additional services? Especially looking at work Stotts have won

3> One thing I had heard is that apart from 408 First had got some of the MCT routes/tenders in Ashton is this right?

4> Will there be a reason why Arriva this time haven't bid to operate some of the remaining services? Surely they can easily operate say X5 & 18 especially considering they've operated 18 in the past.

RE: Manchester Community Transport - djb - 16/03/2020 08:11

(16/03/2020 07:17)M60lad Wrote:  Looking at the list I have a couple of questions:

1> There's still a number of services yet to be covered by an operator, is there still enough time for an operator to step in and run these services come April? (I know there's just enough a month until change date)

2> Looking at the routes operators have gained I wonder where vehicles are going to come from to operate their additional services? Especially looking at work Stotts have won

3> One thing I had heard is that apart from 408 First had got some of the MCT routes/tenders in Ashton is this right?

4> Will there be a reason why Arriva this time haven't bid to operate some of the remaining services? Surely they can easily operate say X5 & 18 especially considering they've operated 18 in the past.

Are the majority of services already covered not just the ones that were up for retender anyway? If that’s the case it will explain the gaps, with the process started earlier on than the emergency retenders?

RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 16/03/2020 11:28

(16/03/2020 07:17)M60lad Wrote:  Looking at the list I have a couple of questions:

I would imagine the work still to be covered will end up going out on emergency tenders.

I’ve been told Stotts have already sourced Additional vehicles, it’s wether they have enough ops disks - don’t forget their licence was heavily reduced last year.

Yep I got told First had won the 336/337 and 389 evening/Sunday contracts but then again I also heard Stagecoach had got the evening 348 - shows what rumours are like!

Arriva might end up with some of the work but it’s whether they are interested.