Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Operators based in North East Wales - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Operators based in North East Wales (/showthread.php?tid=544)

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - Depotosw - 06/09/2018 07:44

(05/09/2018 20:56)crozzy Wrote:  That sums up Wrexham council doesn't it really.

A.' Good news ' after it was them that kicked Tanat Valley off the 64 in favour of a sleazy operator.

B. The image in the announcement shows a bus shelter at Southsea , Wrexham [ Pats Coaches depot in view].

C.' Tannat' Valley indeed .

Says it all.

Totally agree, Wrexham BC trying to save some pennies and go was a cheap and unproven operator. Tanat Valley when they took it over initially from D Jones & Son did an excellent job, they are in good location at Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochant to take up Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog which is around 7 miles away. I hope Wrexham BC now do the honourable thing and ensure Tanat have a decent length contract this time.

Sums up whoever wrote the 'Good News' release with a totally irrelevant photo and incorrect spelling of Tanat Valley as a possible work experience project Laugh

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - Nwales Bus - 06/09/2018 09:46

(06/09/2018 07:44)Depotosw Wrote:  Totally agree, Wrexham BC trying to save some pennies and go was a cheap and unproven operator. Tanat Valley when they took it over initially from D Jones & Son did an excellent job, they are in good location at Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochant to take up Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog which is around 7 miles away. I hope Wrexham BC now do the honourable thing and ensure Tanat have a decent length contract this time.

Sums up whoever wrote the 'Good News' release with a totally irrelevant photo and incorrect spelling of Tanat Valley as a possible work experience project Laugh

The tender was advertised as a 5 year contract

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - LJ51 DDA - 06/09/2018 17:47

(06/09/2018 07:44)Depotosw Wrote:  Totally agree, Wrexham BC trying to save some pennies and go was a cheap and unproven operator. Tanat Valley when they took it over initially from D Jones & Son did an excellent job, they are in good location at Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochant to take up Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog which is around 7 miles away. I hope Wrexham BC now do the honourable thing and ensure Tanat have a decent length contract this time.

D Jones didnt take the 64 did they? as far as i remember it went straight from GHA to Tanat? could be wrong but im sure i mentioned on here when it went from Tanat to GHA it was an awful decision which it was, Tanat were also really liked by the passengers also glad to see them back however Smile

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - Depotosw - 07/09/2018 07:43

(06/09/2018 17:47)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  D Jones didnt take the 64 did they? as far as i remember it went straight from GHA to Tanat? could be wrong but im sure i mentioned on here when it went from Tanat to GHA it was an awful decision which it was, Tanat were also really liked by the passengers also glad to see them back however Smile

Now I'm properly awake I recall now, it went to RJ's after the demise of GHA and Tanat picked it up after that concern closed on a emergency contract. A nice extra bit of work for Tanat after they came off the 449.

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - Nwales Bus - 07/09/2018 09:43

(06/09/2018 17:47)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  D Jones didnt take the 64 did they? as far as i remember it went straight from GHA to Tanat? could be wrong but im sure i mentioned on here when it went from Tanat to GHA it was an awful decision which it was, Tanat were also really liked by the passengers also glad to see them back however Smile

The 64 did not operate from the demise of GHA until R J of Wem launched on the 9th of September 2016. A service 97 taxi bus operated by Valentines between Llangollen and the Pengwern.

RJ of Wem operated the service until their operators licence was revoked in December 2016 with Tanat Valley taking over the service on a emergency basis until the full retender of the former GHA services by Wrexham council. With easycoach taking over the service in April 2017

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 08/09/2018 20:02

Traws Cymru T12 - a bit of a fiasco

On Monday I reported that this new service had started with Tanat Valley and Lloyds of Machynlleth being the two joint operators. The timetables for these services appeared at the very last minute and even the registrations for this service were only made to the Traffic Commissioner on 23rd August less than a fortnight before the service started.

For reasons I do not fully understand four registrations were made for the service for each operator splitting the journey into four sections. T12-a to d and T12-1 to 4. Whilst the parts of the service that was previously operated under a different route number have been accepted with short notice the registration for the Oswestry to Wrexham part of the service which was not previously undertaken has not been accepted on short notice and therefore the formal start date of this part of the service will now be on 19th October.

In fairness to the two operators it appears that the registration was made on their behalf by Powys County Council.

The two operators are taking a different course of action as a result of this weird situation. Lloyds Coaches are not now operating the Oswestry to Wrexham section but Tanat Valley are running through to Wrexham but I understand they are not taking fares therefore running a free service. (Versa MX09YWV seen on the service today 8th September).

I did ascertain from the Tanat Valley driver that the service is included in the Traws Cymru free weekend deal.

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 11/09/2018 16:19

(08/09/2018 20:02)DLG817 Wrote:  .
Traws Cymru T12 - a bit of a fiasco

On Monday I reported that this new service had started with Tanat Valley and Lloyds of Machynlleth being the two joint operators. The timetables for these services appeared at the very last minute and even the registrations for this service were only made to the Traffic Commissioner on 23rd August less than a fortnight before the service started.

For reasons I do not fully understand four registrations were made for the service for each operator splitting the journey into four sections. T12-a to d and T12-1 to 4. Whilst the parts of the service that was previously operated under a different route number have been accepted with short notice the registration for the Oswestry to Wrexham part of the service which was not previously undertaken has not been accepted on short notice and therefore the formal start date of this part of the service will now be on 19th October.

In fairness to the two operators it appears that the registration was made on their behalf by Powys County Council.

The two operators are taking a different course of action as a result of this weird situation. Lloyds Coaches are not now operating the Oswestry to Wrexham section but Tanat Valley are running through to Wrexham but I understand they are not taking fares therefore running a free service. (Versa MX09YWV seen on the service today 8th September).

I did ascertain from the Tanat Valley driver that the service is included in the Traws Cymru free weekend deal.

Latest is that from tomorrow (12th) Tanat will also terminate the T12 Service in Oswestry and not travel to Wrexham until the registration takes effect on 19th October.

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 11/09/2018 16:33

Townlynx, Greenfield, Holywell

Another two double deckers have now joined the fleet. KU02YBP and KV02URY both new to Connex London [TA80/4] later Abellio [9780/4], and recently with Readypay Limited (T/A Pheonix Coaches) Blyth. They were converted to single door in 2015 and are in a white livery.

<KU02YBP>
<KV02URY>
<LX03OTG> seen today in the Bus Station, Mold doing driver relief work then onto College duties at Northop and Deeside College.

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 13/09/2018 12:47

Pats Coaches, Southsea, Wrexham
Newly arrived this month is Scania / Higer YT68GWW (C51Ft). Whilst the primary purpose was to work the Reaseheath College contract it is currently abroad as a substitute for another vehicle that was the subject of a hit and run collision. Scania / Irizar YT10OAX is leaving in part exchange.

E Jones and Sons, Rhosllanerchrugog, Wrexham
A number of the coaches (all Scania / Irizar) here have been given the personalised/cherished numbers as follows :-
SN08CNJ is now EJS7A
SN08CNK is now A7EJS
JN06JXA is now N7EJS
JN06NYU is now EJS7N
The withdrawn Volvo B10M-62 / Jonckheere which was A7EJS reverts to its previous number of L870EPR.
Other re-registrations may happen soon. The 68 seater Scania / Irizar YN12CZG that arrived earlier in the year carries a variation of the firm's livery <PHOTO>

Tanat Valley
This firm has taken over from easyCoach on the 64 Llangollen - Ceiriog Valley service. <Photographed> on 12th September at Froncysyllte on its way to Llanarmon DC is Solo SR YJ13HKT. Whilst the side and rear destinations were working unfortunately the front destination was not. This Solo was the first vehicle to work this service when they originally worked it in December 2016.

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - Depotosw - 13/09/2018 12:50

(13/09/2018 12:47)DLG817 Wrote:  Tanat Valley
This firm has taken over from easyCoach on the 64 Llangollen - Ceiriog Valley service. <Photographed> on 12th September at Froncysyllte on its way to Llanarmon DC is Solo SR YJ13HKT. Whilst the side and rear destinations were working unfortunately the front destination was not. This Solo was the first vehicle to work this service when they originally worked it in December 2016.

The driver of this Solo posted a photo of it yesterday on social media with a working front destination in situ.