Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Operators based in North East Wales - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Operators based in North East Wales (/showthread.php?tid=544)

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - T42 PVM - 19/06/2018 17:19

(19/06/2018 16:41)Lovell Wrote:  Easy Coach have now registered some new services in Wrexham. They will be competing with Arriva on the 2 and 2c, they are operating the old 42 Wrexham Industrial Estate service and also the old 44 Barker's Lane service. There is definitely a need for the 42 service to be reinstated, as this will mean a 30 minute service to the Estate again combined with the Arriva 41 service. I would imagine the 44 service will be as well used as it was previously when D Jones operated it....I'm surprised Arriva didn't show any interest in operating it along with the 35.

See the Easybus Feed in the elsewhere section

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - CTL45 - 19/06/2018 20:41

M&H Coaches currently have two of their Solos for sale on ebay, BU53DJS and YJ11ELC. https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/omnibus12013

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - LJ51 DDA - 23/06/2018 10:35

(19/06/2018 20:41)CTL45 Wrote:  M&H Coaches currently have two of their Solos for sale on ebay, BU53DJS and YJ11ELC. https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/omnibus12013

Could that be due to the possibilty of a streelite(s) on delivery came across this though it was Coastline but this must be the new Denbighshire CC livery is it? its legaled as MH Coaches anyway

https://www.flickr.com/photos/70333100@N08/28089881667/in/photostream/

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - Aaron's Transport Pictures - 23/06/2018 17:10

Both registered as SK18KTD and SK18KTE. Smile

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - Nwales Bus - 23/06/2018 17:42

(23/06/2018 10:35)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Could that be due to the possibilty of a streelite(s) on delivery came across this though it was Coastline but this must be the new Denbighshire CC livery is it? its legaled as MH Coaches anyway

https://www.flickr.com/photos/70333100@N08/28089881667/in/photostream/

Yes this is the new Denbighshire Council Livery. I do say though it does look nice

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - CTL45 - 24/06/2018 00:24

(23/06/2018 17:42)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Yes this is the new Denbighshire Council Livery. I do say though it does look nice

Council liveries just confuse the customer as they think all the buses are the same operator. Waste of paint IMHO.

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - LJ51 DDA - 25/06/2018 01:19

I love this livery has its Crosville looks in ways but do agree with CTL45 same livery does confuse customers in many ways!

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 25/06/2018 16:33

M and H Coaches, Trefnant, Denbigh.

The first of the two Wright Streelites SK18TKE has arrived at the depot - but the delivery of the second one (SK18TKD) has been slightly delayed. They are B33F. Some work is needed on them before they enter service. Hopefully at least one of them should be out on service on the Ruthin - Mold corridor later in the week.

The firm currently have ex Jones Motor Services DAF SB300 / Van Hool T9 Alizee T159AUA (ex RDM378) on loan. <PHOTO LINK> It left Jones Flint to Davies Motors, Ruthin and is now owned by Express Motors.

The firm are expecting later this week a Mercedes Benz Tourino / Caetano C36F coach from Paul S Winson, Loughborough. It is currently registered XX57PSW but is not clear as to whether it will retain this number.

Leaving the fleet this week is Solo YJ11ELC which is going to Gwynfor Coaches, Llangefni, Anglesey. Solo BU53DJS is currently for sale

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 27/06/2018 16:28

M and H Coaches, Trefnant, Denbigh

The first Streetlite SK18TKE commenced working today on the 1/X1/2 Mold - Ruthin corridor PHOTO 1 PHOTO 2 PHOTO 3
Today (27th June 2018) saw the first day of operation of easyCoach on services 2 (Wrexham to Oswestry) and 2D (Wrexham to Cefn Mawr) both in open completion with Arriva Midlands who also operate these services. Tomorrow (28th) the firm start the 44 Wrexham to Barkers Lane service and Friday (29th) the 42 Wrexham Industrial Estate service.

I observed some of the workings today and report that there were clearly some teething problems for easyCoach as they had great difficulty in keeping to time and an odd journey went missing or was severely late. Traditionally in King Street Bus Station for vehicles journeying towards Ruabon and beyond, they have left from stand 1. However this is always a very busy stand and often traffic is held up when a number of buses are on the stand. Therefore a decision had been made that easyCoach were to use stand 5 which is a little distance away. Today I noticed that Arriva, who appeared to be able to keep to their timetable, had sufficient time to wait on their stand and attract the waiting passengers. Unfortunately as the easyCoach buses were often running late they did not have any time to spend on a stand and therefore they were not able to attract any passengers. The result was that on many occasions the easyCoach buses left King Street with little or no passengers. It was also apparent that in many cases instead of being a few minutes in front of the Arriva vehicles the easyCoach vehicles were playing catch up and were often behind.
This is of course only day 1 and therefore we shall have to see how this situation develops.

Some pictures from today can be found at LINK
I have now added a page on this operator on my website (which can be found in the index)

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - Depotosw - 27/06/2018 19:53

(27/06/2018 16:28)DLG817 Wrote:  Today (27th June 2018) saw the first day of operation of easyCoach on services 2 (Wrexham to Oswestry) and 2D (Wrexham to Cefn Mawr) both in open completion with Arriva Midlands who also operate these services. Tomorrow (28th) the firm start the 44 Wrexham to Barkers Lane service and Friday (29th) the 42 Wrexham Industrial Estate service.

I observed some of the workings today and report that there were clearly some teething problems for easyCoach as they had great difficulty in keeping to time and an odd journey went missing or was severely late. Traditionally in King Street Bus Station for vehicles journeying towards Ruabon and beyond, they have left from stand 1. However this is always a very busy stand and often traffic is held up when a number of buses are on the stand. Therefore a decision had been made that easyCoach were to use stand 5 which is a little distance away. Today I noticed that Arriva, who appeared to be able to keep to their timetable, had sufficient time to wait on their stand and attract the waiting passengers. Unfortunately as the easyCoach buses were often running late they did not have any time to spend on a stand and therefore they were not able to attract any passengers. The result was that on many occasions the easyCoach buses left King Street with little or no passengers. It was also apparent that in many cases instead of being a few minutes in front of the Arriva vehicles the easyCoach vehicles were playing catch up and were often behind.
This is of course only day 1 and therefore we shall have to see how this situation develops.

Hi Ron, I managed to take a look this morning briefly between work commitments, the operations were smartly presented but time keeping niggles was evident early on, the 09:32 2 ex Wrexham was near 30 minutes late passing through Johnstown, Oswestry bound. The side destination on MX05 EKZ was notabilly not working to violate DDA, not ideal for a first day after these vehciles have done little for some time and assumed that been prepared. It was also notable the programming of the destinations displays between vehicles on the 2D was totally inconnsistant style.

I noted the 11:37 2 ex Oswestry was well loaded as it neared Gobowen with passengers intended from the closely following Arriva 2. I later noted the 16:37 2 ex Oswestry running late by the Gobowen Orthopaedic Hospital to the point were the Arriva 16:42 ex Oswestry was well loaded and taking a good load onboard in front of it until it was overtaken then we saw a silly game of trying to grab the passgener at the next stop. the last departure heading into Oswestry, the 16:02 ex Wrexham was at least 10 minutes late also with a few passengers onboard but still infront of the 16:07 Arriva 2 ex Wrexham just close to the journey end.