Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Operators based in North East Wales - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Operators based in North East Wales (/showthread.php?tid=544)

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 23/04/2015 14:33

P and O Lloyd, Bagillt

Two new additions are MX05AHJ and MX05AHK both Volvo B12M / Jonckheere - they are from Shearings where they were new in March 2005 [716/7]

They both arrived C42Ft - so far MX05AHK has had the P and O Lloyd fleet cream livery and is to be C53F - AHJ will probably be give the same treatment later.

Apologies for the poor photo - MX05AHK

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 02/05/2015 14:50

Voel Coaches - Dyserth
(27/03/2015 17:43)DLG817 Wrote:  The latest arrival is PE12OXF -- Neoplan N2216/3SHDC - C53F - new in May 2013 to City Circle,Hayes [65] - it has been given the standard orange livery
Sister PE12OXJ is due shortly

Sister PE12OXJ arrived on 24th April - photo

BU02FWV Renault Master / Excel has been sold to Stanley Taxis, Rhuddlan

Leyland Olympian / Northern Counties H139GGS is being sold to Bodnant School Prestatyn and will be used as a library.

Jones Motor Services, Flint

MB Sprinter 413CDI / Excel - M16 - new as YR02PYV in April 2002 to Lakeland has arrived from Eagles and Crawford and has been re-registered to 770HDM - photo

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 17/05/2015 14:16

Wrights of Penycae / Wrexham

I have added a new section to my website 'ceased operators' and the first one to feature is Wrights. I have included a background history and with the assistance of David Donati a historic fleetlist. I would be very grateful for any feedback - any corrections, additions or missing photo links would be very much appreciated. Link to the section

Ron

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 19/05/2015 15:47

Pat's Coaches, Southsea

The second ex Terravision tri-axle Scania / Irizar has now had the Pat's Coaches livery. The original plan was to try and sell these tri axles but they are now seeing use within the fleet. PHOTO LINK.

Strafford Coedpoeth

On hire this week (as they are quite busy) from Evans, Pentrefoelas is Volvo B10M-62 / Plaxton Panther - PHOTO LINK

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 23/05/2015 10:11

Oare's Coaches Holywell and M and H Travel, Trefnant

PP04BUS Volvo B12B / Sunsundequi Sideral - C49Ft has left the Oare's fleet and joined the M & H fleet.

M & H Travel will be operating a newly won contract (from Llew Jones) from next Tuesday running the 43 Abergele to Llanfair T H service. A new Optare Solo SR is on order.

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 29/05/2015 16:39

D Jones and Son, Acrefair

The latest arrival is a Plaxton Profile bodied Volvo B7R - FJ06BOU - new in March 2006 to Hills, Wolverhampton - who was the last operator. It has arrived with RTC front damage - and is to be repaired and will be used on schools.

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 29/05/2015 17:33

Historic Fleetlists - N E Wales - ronsbusesandcoaches.com

I have just added 10 further ceased operators' historic fleetlists to be my website at LINK

Included are :-

T Williams and Sons, Rhos

J Phillips, Rhostyllen,

Meredith and Jesson, Cefn Mawr.

These firms I have a great fondness for as they were the ones I remember most from my childhood. However I am afraid there are quite a few gaps in these fleetlists – going back some 50 years or longer. I will be indebted to anyone who can add or make corrections to these fleetlists or the historical background. Also photos (or links) are missing for a number of these wonderful vehicles.

Also included is :- Peter Evans / Peter Evans and Son / Pentre Motors / Clwydian Travel & Rhyl United. I have been fortunate to be able to consult with David Evans who has greatly assisted with the information supplied.

Ceased operators included with a connection to GHA are JO Travel, Cloion Coaches and Chaloners of Moss.

The others included are Chard / Royce Coaches and John's Travel, Southsea

As usual I am indebted to David Donati for supplying the majority of the vehicle histories. There are many more to come when time permits.

You can contact me either through the website contact page or via a private message through this forum.

Ron

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - Garsty - 06/06/2015 17:42

D Jones and Son's YJ59 NMZ has been involved in an incident in Coedpoeth this evening: http://www.wrexham.com/news/bus-and-car-collide-in-coedpoeth-95251.html

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - LJ51 DDA - 06/06/2015 20:40

(06/06/2015 17:42)Garsty Wrote:  D Jones and Son's YJ59 NMZ has been involved in an incident in Coedpoeth this evening: http://www.wrexham.com/news/bus-and-car-collide-in-coedpoeth-95251.html

Confirmed via Staff that is has also been written off unfortunately.

RE: Operators based in North East Wales - DLG817 - 30/06/2015 16:27

(06/06/2015 17:42)Garsty Wrote:  D Jones and Son's YJ59 NMZ has been involved in an incident in Coedpoeth this evening: http://www.wrexham.com/news/bus-and-car-collide-in-coedpoeth-95251.html

(06/06/2015 20:40)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Confirmed via Staff that is has also been written off unfortunately.

It has yet not been confirmed that the Versa is to be written off - a strong possibilty.

In the meantime Enviro 200 KX58GUU is on loan from Dawson Rentals - photo link