Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Duke of Lancaster - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Transport (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Shipping and Aviation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Duke of Lancaster (/showthread.php?tid=542)

Duke of Lancaster - N301 CKB - 09/02/2013 21:12

After seeing an article in one of the newspapers, I decided to go down and take a few pictures of the Duke of Lancaster after it's respray. Wink

Will add more photos when I can

RE: Duke of Lancaster - SNL 824 - 10/02/2013 22:53

Am I right in thinking this is the former LMS (BR) ferry at Mostyn. I believe that it is now intended to turn it into an art gallery, but there still may be access problems due to restricted clearance under the railway line.

RE: Duke of Lancaster - J654UHN - 11/02/2013 00:30

you are correct SNL. its more a weight issue with the railbridge. one says fully laden fire appliances cant go over it and another says they can

RE: Duke of Lancaster - WidnesRuncornBus - 11/02/2013 13:13

Arrr the duke of Lancaster, such a shame I think, personally dont think it will ever come to anythkng this art gallery scheme. I wish it would be turned back into the fun ship. It is still a possibility as it still has the same owner, and its in a very good condition inside. I got the chance to go in it last year whenthey were unloading all the old arcade machines and its in a amazing condition inside, the old 1970s style looks so original its stylish if you know what I mean. Also would i be write in thinking there have been a spate of arson attacks recently?

RE: Duke of Lancaster - N301 CKB - 11/02/2013 22:27

Two ways to get to it by road, one is over the railway as J654UHN says and the other is under it, however I had to duck to get under and a car only just fits.

RE: Duke of Lancaster - WidnesRuncornBus - 13/02/2013 21:58

There were rumours circulate last year that it may have been reopened after brad pit and his cronies had finished filming there.