Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot (/showthread.php?tid=52)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Depotosw - 19/03/2018 10:05

(19/03/2018 09:04)Conbus Wrote:  I agree I think arriva are going to get rid of Chester and can easily be done

1/1A could be given to stagecoach
3 it's on its way out
4/X4 could be ran from Wrexham just extra 1 journeys to avoid dead mileage
10/10A could be reduced and ran from rhyl just extra 11X journeys
12 is on its way out
15/15A could be lost to stagecoach
82 move to winsford

I think you should perhaps consider the transition from the old Mold depot to its current Harwarden base and the services operated back then? Why would they hand over things to Stagecoach, the issue is Stagecoach offer cheaper day tickets do they not which will cause problems on the 1/1A, 15/15A. This obviously will impact on Arriva and been the probable reason behind the loss of the QBP on the 1/2 service between Chester and Liverpool. The choping and changing with Arriva is been seen in multiple subsidiaries so not just a Chester issue.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Penny Return - 19/03/2018 10:23

[quote='Depotosw' pid='116844' dateline='1521453903']

I think you should perhaps consider the transition from the old Mold depot to its current Harwarden base and the services operated back then? Why would they hand over things to Stagecoach, the issue is Stagecoach offer cheaper day tickets do they not which will cause problems on the 1/1A, 15/15A. This obviously will impact on Arriva and been the probable reason behind the loss of the QBP on the 1/2 service between Chester and Liverpool. The choping and changing with Arriva is been seen in multiple subsidiaries so not just a Chester issue.

Arriva never ran on the 1 Liverpool - Chester QBP service,they were banned from using
Cheshire Oaks by Mc Arthur Glenn

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - T42 PVM - 19/03/2018 10:23

I can also see Chester Depot going, this latest PVR drop most likely brings the depot to its lowest PVR ever, just about every route an be operated from other Depots so its getting to the point where you think is it really worth keeping Chester open.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Depotosw - 19/03/2018 11:50

(19/03/2018 10:23)Penny Return Wrote:  Arriva never ran on the 1 Liverpool - Chester QBP service,they were banned from using
Cheshire Oaks by Mc Arthur Glenn

Agreed, fully aware Laird Street operated the 2 via the 1/2 QBP initally with First and onwards with Stagecoach but the operation, drawing a comparison with the 1/1A, 15/15A in Chester in terms of Stagecoahc having the day ticket advantage.

A matter of interest, why were they banned from Cheshire Oaks?

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - iMarkeh - 19/03/2018 19:35

(19/03/2018 09:04)Conbus Wrote:  I agree I think arriva are going to get rid of Chester and can easily be done

1/1A could be given to stagecoach
3 it's on its way out
4/X4 could be ran from Wrexham just extra 1 journeys to avoid dead mileage
10/10A could be reduced and ran from rhyl just extra 11X journeys
12 is on its way out
15/15A could be lost to stagecoach
82 move to winsford
Blacons and 10 (not inc 10A as it isnt needed anymore) can be ran from Wrexham but it would be quite difficult to restore the service if a breakdown were to happen. 4/X4 doesn't need route 1, it needs a 27X as almost all buses start in Mold and not Chester.

(19/03/2018 10:23)T42 PVM Wrote:  I can also see Chester Depot going, this latest PVR drop most likely brings the depot to its lowest PVR ever, just about every route an be operated from other Depots so its getting to the point where you think is it really worth keeping Chester open.
Psst, there is no PVR drop. Not just yet. 12 is being ran with 4 buses still despite the fact the route is shrunk. 3 will remain the same. The reason I say on their way out and shortly to be withdrawn is because of them being cut short (to a state they are less viable) or the rapid reduction in frequency (It was only about a year ago the 3 ran half hourly and now it is going every hour and 15). 10A was only put on to combat Townlynx but it is useless now as it is only 10 mins faster than the 11. You might as well just divert the 11 along Sealand Road (Of those who board before Queensferry, very few get off along the route and they generally go into Chester and anyone after Hawarden can get the 4/x4)

(19/03/2018 10:05)Depotosw Wrote:  I think you should perhaps consider the transition from the old Mold depot to its current Hawarden base and the services operated back then? Why would they hand over things to Stagecoach, the issue is Stagecoach offer cheaper day tickets do they not which will cause problems on the 1/1A, 15/15A. This obviously will impact on Arriva and been the probable reason behind the loss of the QBP on the 1/2 service between Chester and Liverpool. The choping and changing with Arriva is been seen in multiple subsidiaries so not just a Chester issue.
It would be easier for Arriva to give them up than run them from so far away (Extra fuel and the driver changeovers would reduce viability too much for them to run it). Blacons could make money but that depends on if there is enough space for everything at Wrexham.

The cost discourages passengers
Irregular drivers discourages passengers
Constantly changing timetables and routes discourages passengers
Lack of contactless discourages passengers.
Social media teams are very slow to reply (as the same 5 staff cover all arriva buses areas)

Arriva are doing everything the passengers don't want. Stagecoach are cheaper, quite a few routes have regular drivers (5/5a/9/X9 are all one separate duty type thing), there is contactless payments and the smartcards which can be topped up online. Social media team isn't the fastest but it is much quicker than Arriva. That is why Arriva are fighting a losing battle. If people had a choice in the mornings and sundays, Stagecoach would be preferred. The only reason Arriva get passengers is because most people just get the first bus that comes or because they have no choice.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - T42 PVM - 19/03/2018 19:38

The PVR is going down due to the DB routes lost

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Y458 KNF - 19/03/2018 20:31

(19/03/2018 19:38)T42 PVM Wrote:  The PVR is going down due to the DB routes lost
Does this mean that the Solos will be going seeing as they are normally on the DBs

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - T42 PVM - 19/03/2018 20:53

I think some will stay for the 12 but can see some moving on, We shall see tho

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - iMarkeh - 19/03/2018 23:39

(19/03/2018 19:38)T42 PVM Wrote:  The PVR is going down due to the DB routes lost

Ahh damn. I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - YN05 WKE - 20/03/2018 21:43

(19/03/2018 11:50)Depotosw Wrote:  A matter of interest, why were they banned from Cheshire Oaks?

I believe thats only rumours never been proven...

Arrova ran SP1/2 briefly through Oaks last yrar

Arriva also used to do 411/412 (sundays) and 418/419 (Monday to Saturday) through there over the years