Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot (/showthread.php?tid=52)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Quackdave - 14/05/2016 21:41

(14/05/2016 11:19)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Welsh day tickets are not valid within England unless they are the Chester Plus.

Are you sure? The prices given for "Wales" day savers on this page are identical to those of the "North West and Wales" ones - surely they don't offer the choice of a more restrictive ticket at exactly the same price?

The page does list some child weekly and 4-weekly "Wales" tickets that are cheaper than their "North West and Wales" counterparts, so presumably what you say does apply to those, but for all day tickets, and all durations of adult ticket, they are identical to NW&W (or rather "Wales and North West", as it is printed when issued in Wales). (I bought one in Bangor last week and used it as far as Childwall!)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - RedPanda - 14/05/2016 23:01

(14/05/2016 21:41)Quackdave Wrote:  Are you sure? The prices given for "Wales" day savers on this page are identical to those of the "North West and Wales" ones - surely they don't offer the choice of a more restrictive ticket at exactly the same price?

The page does list some child weekly and 4-weekly "Wales" tickets that are cheaper than their "North West and Wales" counterparts, so presumably what you say does apply to those, but for all day tickets, and all durations of adult ticket, they are identical to NW&W (or rather "Wales and North West", as it is printed when issued in Wales). (I bought one in Bangor last week and used it as far as Childwall!)

A Welsh daysaver? I don't think that they are valid wthin Merseyside.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Raawwwrrr! - 14/05/2016 23:03

(14/05/2016 21:41)Quackdave Wrote:  Are you sure? The prices given for "Wales" day savers on this page are identical to those of the "North West and Wales" ones - surely they don't offer the choice of a more restrictive ticket at exactly the same price?

North West and Wales are valid within England, its the welsh local and the ones branded as just "Wales" that aren't (I could of made that clearer).

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - LJ51 DDA - 14/05/2016 23:57

Basically the North West ones can be used in Wrexham/Chester and Mold and to Connahs Quay on the 10.

The Wales only ones are valid for use in Wales but can be used to Chester on the 1, 3, 4, X4, 11 and 10/10A it works slightly like the Welsh Concessionary pass
- Can board in Wales and alight in England
- Can board in England and alight in Wales
- Can not board in England and alight in England.

The North West & Wales one can be used across the whole Arriva North West and Arriva Buses Wales network Smile

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Quackdave - 15/05/2016 12:09

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer too - I wasn't suggesting that a "Wales" day saver is valid in Merseyside, but questioning whether said "Wales" day saver actually still exists.

Do they really still sell a separate Wales-only one, even though the price given is the same as NW&W?

It seems a strange thing to do, given that the choice provides absolutely no advantage to the passenger, but has the potential to cause confusion and frustration if a passenger ends up with the wrong one.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Nwales Bus - 15/05/2016 15:04

2518 has broken Down outside Chester Railway Station whilst attempting to depart on the 4S to Mold

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - DK09 GXY - 20/05/2016 07:17

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but when do Arriva generally release their bus orders for the year? Stagecoach and First amongst others have released theirs, but when searching for Arriva 2016 orders I find nothing

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - RedPanda - 20/05/2016 18:53

(20/05/2016 07:17)DK09 GXY Wrote:  Not sure if this is the right place to ask but when do Arriva generally release their bus orders for the year? Stagecoach and First amongst others have released theirs, but when searching for Arriva 2016 orders I find nothing

They've either suspended the order or canceled the order due to financial circumstances and is nothing to do with the EU referendum as Arriva operate in non EU countries. It was on the forum somewhere but I can't find it now.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - SK15 GZG - 20/05/2016 19:06

(20/05/2016 18:53)RedPanda Wrote:  They've either suspended the order or canceled the order due to financial circumstances and is nothing to do with the EU referendum as Arriva operate in non EU countries. It was on the forum somewhere but I can't find it now.

The order is delayed

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - DK09 GXY - 20/05/2016 19:08

Ran out of money?