Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot (/showthread.php?tid=52)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Aaron's Transport Pictures - 22/03/2016 23:18

I've no idea to be fair, but that's all I heard about the X2.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - motormayhem1 - 23/03/2016 08:29

I think if arriva keep hold of the 2 they really need to look at the day/weekly ticket prices over the water or i cant see them lasting.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - YN05 WKE - 23/03/2016 09:26

(23/03/2016 08:29)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I think if arriva keep hold of the 2 they really need to look at the day/weekly ticket prices over the water or i cant see them lasting.

Tbh from talking to a few Laird St lads they say they don't take much on there 2 or 471/2 most our Stagecoach Smart cards as our weekly on card is cheaper than there weekly on paper

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - motormayhem1 - 23/03/2016 11:52

But thats why arriva need to rethink about the ticketing prices over the water or they could see them getting there nose pushed out over there as there 471/472 use to do well before the partnership started.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - wirralbus - 23/03/2016 12:25

Sounds like the Wirral Partnerships may soon go up in smoke if they don't sort this out quickly.

The X8 was the thin edge of the wedge .

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - E400 - 23/03/2016 17:02

I hope the partnerships remain, though I do agree that pricing needs to be addressed. If both operators wish to share a route, then rather than compete for passengers - especially where the route is a 50/50 split like the 471/2 -then both operators should agree a shared pricing structure. I often see people letting Arriva services go past and waiting an extra 10 minutes for a Stagecoach service just to save the difference in fares. It is ridiculous.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - YN05 WKE - 23/03/2016 17:32

(23/03/2016 12:25)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds like the Wirral Partnerships may soon go up in smoke if they don't sort this out quickly.

The X8 was the thin edge of the wedge .

Tbh as a driver I do both the 1 and 471/2 with stagecoach regular 90% of passes are the smart cards plus most people wait for ours as our fares are cheaper than Arriva's

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - E400 - 24/03/2016 08:57

It's probably worth asking at this point: how do QBPs work financially? Do Arriva get a cut of the Stagecoach passengers they carry, or do both operators take home just their own earnings?

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - R557 ABA - 24/03/2016 11:26

(24/03/2016 08:57)Enviro400 Wrote:  It's probably worth asking at this point: how do QBPs work financially? Do Arriva get a cut of the Stagecoach passengers they carry, or do both operators take home just their own earnings?

They operate like other services, each operator keeps their own fares from customers.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - wirralbus - 24/03/2016 12:41

With Arriva pulling the plug on the X2 service , leaving just some journeys on the 2 is it going to worthwhile to keep considering this now becomes a very lob-sided partnership indeed.

Is this stagecoach taking over the Liverpool - Birkenhead - Ellesmere Port - Chester service by stealth.