Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot (/showthread.php?tid=52)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - cx04axy - 09/02/2016 18:43

Send them to Bangor... :P

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - MPTE1955 - 09/02/2016 19:56

(09/02/2016 07:16)RedPanda Wrote:  I'm sure I read recently on a thread for a Liverpool depot that Joe Anderson wants all of Liverpool's routes to be double decker operated. If thats true and if what your relitive is sayinvg is correct then it would make sense to swap with Green Lane and Speke wth Bootle and Birkenhead being a possibility as well.
The single decker fleet is largely made of pulsars isn't it in Liverpool?

It has been rumoured and the guy that reported it stressed it was a rumour. Not sure how fat Joe could get away with dictating to bus companies that all buses should be deckers. I will take the rumour with a pinch of salt.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - RedPanda - 09/02/2016 20:19

(09/02/2016 19:56)MPTE1955 Wrote:  It has been rumoured and the guy that reported it stressed it was a rumour. Not sure how fat Joe could get away with dictating to bus companies that all buses should be deckers. I will take the rumour with a pinch of salt.

No not all bus companies as some routes and subsidised routes would run with dead mileage. No I meant Green Lane, Speke and Gillmoss fleets being double deckers.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - MPTE1955 - 09/02/2016 20:41

(09/02/2016 20:19)RedPanda Wrote:  No not all bus companies as some routes and subsidised routes would run with dead mileage. No I meant Green Lane, Speke and Gillmoss fleets being double deckers.

I didn't say all bus companies, the idea was for the big companies, I have obviously seen the posting to see what was rumoured. I would be disappointed if fat Joe had time to dictate to bus companies on how they should pack their bus fleets. none of his business unless his department is buying the buses which they are not.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - chester285 - 09/02/2016 21:16

I heard a rumour that the 2 from chester to Liverpool was being upgraded to sapphire standard to compete with stagecoach's gold, could the deckers be exchanged for singles at Birkenhead?

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - MPTE1955 - 09/02/2016 21:22

No, these are rumoured to be refurbished pulsars, so tarted up buses that have already been in service for a few years.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - RedPanda - 10/02/2016 08:34

(09/02/2016 20:41)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I didn't say all bus companies, the idea was for the big companies, I have obviously seen the posting to see what was rumoured. I would be disappointed if fat Joe had time to dictate to bus companies on how they should pack their bus fleets. none of his business unless his department is buying the buses which they are not.

I know you didn't but I did and I meant what I'm sure most would think, Arriva and Stagecoach entire fleets consisting of deckers.
I put this for those who may struggle with their understanding be it members or non members.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - wirralbus - 10/02/2016 11:30

The problem with an entirely double deck fleet which looks like its coming to Liverpool within the next few years is that some routes just dont need the capacity and Liverpool isnt like London where there is a congestion charge to keep cars out of London.

How long before the double decker bus bubble bursts .

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - RedPanda - 10/02/2016 12:51

(10/02/2016 11:30)wirralbus Wrote:  The problem with an entirely double deck fleet which looks like its coming to Liverpool within the next few years is that some routes just dont need the capacity and Liverpool isnt like London where there is a congestion charge to keep cars out of London.

How long before the double decker bus bubble bursts .

I guess whatever happens to Liverpool happens. Same goes for the 10/A in Chester.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - DK09 GXY - 15/02/2016 11:18

(09/02/2016 21:22)MPTE1955 Wrote:  No, these are rumoured to be refurbished pulsars, so tarted up buses that have already been in service for a few years.

Maybe that's what will go on the 10/10A in Chester, Sapphire pulsars. That way, the service isn't downgraded but the Enviro400s can be used on another sapphire route where the higher capacity is needed.