Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot (/showthread.php?tid=52)

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - LJ51DCX - 29/07/2018 17:13

(28/07/2018 21:10)darylyates17 Wrote:  One thing thats got me wondering is will the 10/10As lose the Sapphire branding when the Pulsars replace the Enviro400s if it is then 2935 might need to be repainted or cascaded

2935 was supposed to be going back to Rhyl, however last I heard was Rhyl was gaining an extra Enviro400 from Merseyside so I guess 2935 will either go to Bolton or Runcorn as a sapphire spare.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Y458 KNF - 29/07/2018 17:31

(29/07/2018 17:13)LJ51DCX Wrote:  2935 was supposed to be going back to Rhyl, however last I heard was Rhyl was gaining an extra Enviro400 from Merseyside so I guess 2935 will either go to Bolton or Runcorn as a sapphire spare.
Any idea what Rhyls extra Enviro400 is? I also wonder if any of the 3 ex Wrexham Enviro400s in Winsford will eventually go to Rhyl alongside the others.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - iMarkeh - 02/08/2018 00:56

With all the changes happening on 2nd September, I thought I would make a handy summary showing all the changes. I have put links to timetables. I hope this helps.

Very interesting thing to note is that the 12 and 13 terminate and have their layover at Delamere Street. I would expect them to stop at Chester Bus Station to drop off but no, straight from Foregate Street to Delamere Street. I can see this confusing a lot of passengers.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - LJ51 DDA - 03/08/2018 06:46

These changes seem so odd, like very odd, it seems as though the 12 will also be competing against the 28 in a way, strange decisions.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - iMarkeh - 03/08/2018 08:40

(03/08/2018 06:46)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  These changes seem so odd, like very odd, it seems as though the 12 will also be competing against the 28 in a way, strange decisions.
I think part of it is that the 8 gets busy (but Arriva wouldn't serve Northop Half due to the tight roads and reversing around a corner at the end and Sealand Manor is too far off route. Townlynx does get some decent loadings as well so it could also be in competition with that.

The 3 was being run down a lot so I am wondering if funding is coming into place for it. It appears I didn't check the stop list as it is now going back into Buckley Precinct and Buckley Cross. The 12s lost a lot of money (and passengers) when they made it terminate at Chester. Its weird though that they were running the 12 and 3 down and now suddenly, they are trying to make them up again. They are going to lose more passengers if they keep chopping and changing though. That is never welcomed by the general public.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - CTL45 - 21/08/2018 19:40

Chester depot staff have today been advised that service 82 Chester - Northwich is about to be deregistered. This will reduce the depot PVR even further.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - Y458 KNF - 21/08/2018 19:47

(21/08/2018 19:40)CTL45 Wrote:  Chester depot staff have today been advised that service 82 Chester - Northwich is about to be deregistered. This will reduce the depot PVR even further.

Its being transferred to Winsford I believe I wonder if any vehicles will transfer too seeing as the PVR is dropping even further.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - CTL45 - 21/08/2018 20:30

(21/08/2018 19:47)darylyates17 Wrote:  Its being transferred to Winsford I believe I wonder if any vehicles will transfer too seeing as the PVR is dropping even further.

No it's being cancelled altogether. Confirmed today.

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - iMarkeh - 21/08/2018 21:06

There is little left in Chester now. I said it before and I will say it again. They are running it down ready for closure or downgrading it to an outstation (less likely I think as the majority of routes can be ran from other depots). It looks quite clear in my opinion. Losing routes left, right and centre (DeeBees), trying to kill routes (3 and 12) and moving routes out. Chester must be losing so much. All these route losses and the shuttle cars (which aren't cheap) work like mad as every route has a different changeover location (not like Stagecoach where there are only 3 different changeover places for the whole depot).

RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - chester285 - 21/08/2018 21:31

(21/08/2018 20:30)CTL45 Wrote:  No it's being cancelled altogether. Confirmed today.

Could we see stagecoach about to try its hand and break into Northwich