Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
HTL Buses - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: HTL Buses (/showthread.php?tid=51)

RE: HTL Buses - CX06 EBK - 20/06/2016 00:39

Some that were broken had been fixed this weekend, such as MOF (though, I'm not sure if they still work), JZV and so on. Certain other buses such as PNK require new units to be installed from what I was told. That said, for some reason AYV now has a none working front unit. From what I remember it stands like this:

EKP
PNK
JZW
BMO
BMV
AYV
RHE
DYF

Probably missing some out there but some as I have mentioned, such as MOF, have been fixed. SUHs database has been reuploaded too so they are working now. RHEs technically work but are only programmed for the 137/138/A10 routes as it was originally intended to stay on that service but plans changed, they really should have had all routes programmed on it but for whatever reason never did get Dawsons to do them all. DYFs do work but it is temperamental, that is waiting a visit from Optare which could be any time.

Of those, BMV and BMO were both on the 56 today and later replaced by V980XUB and JZV respectively for the evening service.

RE: HTL Buses - motormayhem1 - 20/06/2016 06:42

At least they are trying to get them sorted , is it down to the leasing company to replace the units or is it at HTL's cost?

RE: HTL Buses - Barney - 20/06/2016 07:58

(20/06/2016 00:39)CX06 EBK Wrote:  Some that were broken had been fixed this weekend, such as MOF (though, I'm not sure if they still work), JZV and so on. Certain other buses such as PNK require new units to be installed from what I was told. That said, for some reason AYV now has a none working front unit. From what I remember it stands like this:

EKP
PNK
JZW
BMO
BMV
AYV
RHE
DYF

Probably missing some out there but some as I have mentioned, such as MOF, have been fixed. SUHs database has been reuploaded too so they are working now. RHEs technically work but are only programmed for the 137/138/A10 routes as it was originally intended to stay on that service but plans changed, they really should have had all routes programmed on it but for whatever reason never did get Dawsons to do them all. DYFs do work but it is temperamental, that is waiting a visit from Optare which could be any time.

Of those, BMV and BMO were both on the 56 today and later replaced by V980XUB and JZV respectively for the evening service.

How many vehicles does HTL have in its fleet? Surely a proper fleet numbering system would help when identifying vehicles with faults. I'm sure someone on this forum can explain why HTL doesn't use fleet numbers.

RE: HTL Buses - RedPanda - 20/06/2016 10:15

(20/06/2016 07:58)Barney Wrote:  How many vehicles does HTL have in its fleet? Surely a proper fleet numbering system would help when identifying vehicles with faults. I'm sure someone on this forum can explain why HTL doesn't use fleet numbers.

HTL do and don't use fleet numbers, some have stickers on the backs and some don't

RE: HTL Buses - CX06 EBK - 20/06/2016 12:26

MM, I think HTL are paying for them at their own cost, certainly on the buses they own outright anyway such as the Darts, Enviros and J8 HTL, which was another with non working destinations that has been fixed although it has yet to return to the road.

HTL do have a fleet number system, however it is all internally done for fuelling purposes. I think the ticket machines will tell you the bus number too.

RE: HTL Buses - motormayhem1 - 20/06/2016 12:55

I would of thought the leasing company may pay for the ones on lease.

RE: HTL Buses - CX06 EBK - 20/06/2016 13:18

Most of the fixes have been simple mind you but some like PNK require a whole new front board so could be down to water ingress as some of those little Optares do suffer with it.

RE: HTL Buses - Barney - 27/07/2016 19:14

I see that HTL's 159 is being radically re-routed in the Netherton area. As from 1st August it will no longer serve the section of Dunnings Bridge Road between The Park Hotel and Copy Lane but will instead take a long detour via Park Lane West, Glovers lane, Fleetwoods Lane, Buckley Hill and The Northern Perimeter Road. This will add at least 12 minutes to the journey and I suspect the many residents from the Old Roan area who use the 159 will be less than pleased with this. The re-routing will also mean that there will no longer be any M-F daytime bus service serving the Sefton Retail Park on the site of the former Scott's bakery but there will be a Sunday and evening service.

RE: HTL Buses - mr t - 28/07/2016 14:44

(27/07/2016 19:14)Barney Wrote:  I see that HTL's 159 is being radically re-routed in the Netherton area. As from 1st August it will no longer serve the section of Dunnings Bridge Road between The Park Hotel and Copy Lane but will instead take a long detour via Park Lane West, Glovers lane, Fleetwoods Lane, Buckley Hill and The Northern Perimeter Road. This will add at least 12 minutes to the journey and I suspect the many residents from the Old Roan area who use the 159 will be less than pleased with this. The re-routing will also mean that there will no longer be any M-F daytime bus service serving the Sefton Retail Park on the site of the former Scott's bakery but there will be a Sunday and evening service.

According to the timetable the rerouting is only 1 minute longer

RE: HTL Buses - Barney - 28/07/2016 21:14

(28/07/2016 14:44)mr t Wrote:  According to the timetable the rerouting is only 1 minute longer

The re-routing adds at least two miles to the route on congested roads and through housing estates with a mandatory speed limit of 20 mph rather than a dual carriageway with a 40 mph limit. If the 159 has only been given an additional minute it will need to average 120 mph! Also, by my calculation it will add an additional 14 stops. I could be wrong, but this amendment won't work.